All reviews il fornaio sainte claire studio suite claire hotel convention center rain shower palm suite luxurious feeling same block bridal party classic hotel valet parking room service market st older hotel valet service location is excellent
Reviewed 22 August 2018

When I stay at a hotel, I look for one with character. When I review a hotel, I look at 3 things about the room, customer service, and food.

The room:
The bed - not the absolute best I've ever slept in at a hotel, but in the top few. Bed was not a rock, it was comfortable, the sheets had weight and were not scratchy. It did not have an empty duvet cover with a coverlet which I have seen way to commonly in even high end hotels. It has lots of lightweight bedding and a light weight comforter so that every one can pick and choose. The pillows were not nothing or rocks either, quite comfortable.
The shower - pretty awesome. Have to see to believe
The desk - worthless. I'm 5'2" and rarely find a hotel desk I am even half-way comfortable with. This was no exception. Way to high, inappropriate chair (even if fit the decor) that didn't want to slide on the carpet (one of the big reasons for the 4)

Customer Service was a strong B+. What kept it from an A was that I didn't get all the green rewards I should have gotten and the day someone stole the green hanger off the door, took 3 requests to get it replaced.

The food - restaurant is northern Italian basically. Okay here and there for lunch or dinner, horrible for breakfast (I hate across the street at the Marriott for breakfast.)

Overall not a bad experience. Could have been better, but could have been much much worse.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Cerridwyn
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Westin did a good job of restoring a tired but classic old hotel in downtown San Jose. The entrance and lobby have lots of classic features and details while the rooms have been fully updated and are tasteful and comfortable. The location is great for conferences as it is close to the nearby San Jose Convention Center.

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

The old fashion looking hotel is anything but out date. It’s like walking back in time but with all the amenities of the upper class. The hotel was at full capacity due to a wedding and fit expo but still accommodated with a roll away bed for my daughter. The was staff was very friendly and knowledgeable of the surrounding area. I recommend using valet, just so you don’t have to worry about parking. Excellent location for the convention center too! It right across the street!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Jon R, Front Office Manager at The Westin San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Hi Christopher B,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review of your recent stay. I'm happy to see that you loved the classic charm of the hotel, and that all of the staff you came in contact with were friendly and knowledgeable! Our team works hard to take care of each and everyone of our guests, and I'm glad that they were able to provide you and your daughter with a rollaway bed on such a busy weekend.

We hope to see you back with us soon the next time you are in San Jose!

Jon R.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Loved our room, proximity to everything, Staff was over and above nice & helpful! Restaurant was delicious & adorable! Valet parking was so quick & bell staff courteous also! Our room was perfectly clean & luxurious!

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Jon R, Front Office Manager at The Westin San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Hello Rishels7!

Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us! I am so happy that the entire hotel, from the restaurant to the rooms, was wonderful! I'm also ecstatic that you loved our staff and that you found them to be nice, helpful, and courteous. We pride ourselves on our staff service, and my team is thrilled that they were able to make your stay so special.

We hope to see you back with us the next time your travels take you to San Jose!

Jon R.

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed here because it was the bridal party hotel for the wedding I was attending. The rooms were pretty basic. I found out this was one of the oldest hotels in San Jose. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. It served its purpose without anything special. There is an Italian restaurant in the lobby. You have to valet your car which is an extra $39 a night. Don’t think I would stay here again due to the several nicer hotels on the same block.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Lori O
Jon R, Front Office Manager at The Westin San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Hi Lori O,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our historic hotel! I'm glad that you found the room to be clean, and the bed to be comfortable. I'll be sharing this with my housekeeping team, as they pride themselves on the cleanliness of their rooms! I apologize that you found our rooms to be basic, and I wanted to share with you that we are working on ways to modernize our hotel while still keeping the classic charm. Some of the amenities we are working on are in-room entertainment selections, the ability to stream your phone to the room TV, and keyless entry into the rooms. We hope that these high-tech improvements will be on par with the Silicon Valley feel, but still allow the charm of the Sainte Claire to shine through.

We hope that these will be ready by your next stay with us, and that you'll consider staying at our hotel again when you are in the area!

Jon Rushing