All reviews santa clara university best westerns real eggs away from the road road noise the san jose area hard boiled eggs comfortable beds yogurt coffee machine king suite good size clean hotel free breakfast would stay again within walking distance convenient location
Reviewed 28 February 2016

This hotel is a bit expensive for what you get but is average for the area. The hotel is clean, the internet is good and the breakfast is average. Small parking lot, small property but very comfortable. Great location close to airport and east to get around the area. I would stay here again if budget allows it.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Amber T, General Manager at Best Western Airport Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2016

Good Day,

On behalf of the entire staff here, we would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review. As you have mentioned, this area is extremely expensive. We try our very best to keep rates competitive and offer more than anyone else.

Our property is very small, with only 40 rooms; we believe that the small setting helps us all get to know our guests. We know that a clean room, good breakfast and strong internet is what our guests want, we work hard every day to provide just that.

I do hope your travels will bring you back to us. Until next time, safe travels.

Reviewed 26 February 2016

The Best Western Plus Airport Plaza, San Jose is within walking distance to Santa Clara University and 2 Starbucks. All of the staff are extremely friendly, professional, and helpful. The hot breakfast is amazing. The rooms are large and very clean. The beds are very comfortable. Parking is covered and plentiful. We have stayed at other hotels near the university and this one is the best by far.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family

Good Morning!!

It was a real honor serving you. I am so happy that you have found us and that your experience was a positive one. We are within walking distance to both SCU and Starbucks…we lucked out on that. SCU and Starbucks are serious business! Many of our guests enjoy the walk to SCU, makes graduation and family weekend just that much less stressful.

Thank you for recognizing my staff and our breakfast. We take a lot of pride in what we deliver and you have helped confirm that all of our hard work has paid off.

Thank you for your review, all of the feedback we receive only helps us improve. We want to provide only the best for our guests and that includes the beds and breakfast. Until next time, may your travels be safe and enjoyable.

Reviewed 25 February 2016

This Best Western is in a great location for easy access to and from the San Jose Airport and for accessing freeways. There aren't any restaurants in the area for dinner, you'll have to travel into downtown San Jose or other areas, nothing within walking distance. The beds are not a high quality bed. For the price of a room, the beds should be a higher quality, comfortable bed.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business

Good Day Mr. W.,

Thank you for your recent review regarding the hotel and your stay here with us. As you mentioned we are very close to the airport and some of the major freeways. We do have a few options for dinner within walking distance; towards the university there are several options which are less than a mile from the hotel. Aside from those options, travel is required. We have paired with a number of different taxi and transportation providers to get the best in rates for our guests.

I apologize that you did not like the quality of the beds we offer; we currently have Perfect Sleeper Pillow top mattresses by Serta in all of our rooms. This type of mattress is industry preferred and a major part of why we went with the pillow top and brand option.

We do hope that you will stay with us again in the future so that we may have the chance to provide you with the best of service.

Have a pleasant day!

Reviewed 13 February 2016 via mobile

We received a smoking fee during our stay, neither me or my co worker smoke, so I called the hotel to dispute it. I left several messages for the manager (Amber Todd) , but it was apparent that my calls were not a priority whatsoever. I also left her a voicemail and sent two emails that were not responded to. Finally , just yesterday, I received an email response from her. She told me that I 'better not call and demand that the charge be reversed' hahaha. I never demanded anything, I simply requested to speak with her on several occasions. She also provided pictures of 'proof' that we smoked in the room. All I see are some green flakes on a table and trash in a bag. I explained that my Roomie used the desk to roll a joint, yes he smokes weed but never in hotel rooms. She said she refuses to reverse the fee, and is now ignoring my request to speak with her superior. We will see how that works out I guess haha. We travel weekly for work and never have encountered such an unpro manager. Amber , get a clue. A simple return call was all that was needed.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank r0ggie
Amber T, General Manager at Best Western Airport Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2016

Good Evening Mr. Roggeman,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your recent experience here at our hotel. I would like to first address the main issue at hand; the non-smoking policy that we have in place for all rooms. We have a very small property with only 40 rooms and we sell-out weekly so it is extremely important that we maintain the highest of standards with regards to the condition of our rooms. Our guests deserve the very best that we can offer. We do not permit smoking of any form that includes cigarettes, marijuana, hookah or any other form of tobacco. We do have designated spots around the property for smoking.

The smoking violation fee was placed onto your account after I, personally, inspected the room. The room reeked of marijuana and for that reason we had to take the room out of inventory, aerate and clean the carpet to rid the room of the smell of marijuana. As you mentioned we provided you the proof that the room was smoked in. This is extremely important step in our process as we do not like to have to charge anyone for violating the smoking policy but do so when the circumstances call for it.

I understand your concerns and I reviewed everything prior to responding to you. Unfortunately, I was unavailable on the day you called and was able to get to your email around 10:50pm on Friday night. Out of consideration for your time, I felt it was too late to contact you via phone so I emailed you. As the General Manager for the property, I am in charge of all guest relations and there is no one above me at the property. Additionally, I never advised you that you had “better not” contact the hotel…I asked you politely not to contact the hotel and demand a refund as you had done in the past. That information is untrue and I would never treat a guest in such a manner.

Between your emails and voicemail, there have been a number of different stories on your end with regards to what happened. I have heard everything from the two of you not smoking at all, to your roommate rolling a cigarette and now on your Trip Advisor review that your “roomie” rolled “a joint” and unfortunately your contradictions in this matter have complicated it. I wish this would have worked out differently. All of our guests deserve the very best that we can offer them and because the room had to be taken out of inventory to be deep cleaned; the fee was assessed and will remain in effect.

I do wish you future success and am open to discussing this matter with you and your company if need be. Thank you again for taking the time to write this review. Although, this was not a positive review I think that anyone reading this can see how serious we are about providing all of our guests a clean room – free of any smells.

Reviewed 5 February 2016

Room was great,breakfast was good. Way to close to the road.....very noisy all night. Next time I stay here I will ask for a room on the backside of the building. Back side has a nicer view of the homes and Redwood trees.

Stayed: February 2016
Amber T, General Manager at Best Western Airport Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2016

Good Afternoon Mr. W.,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your last stay here with us. We are all so glad that you liked the room and the full hot American style breakfast that we offer. It is important to us that every one of our guests is not only comfortable in their rooms but that they have a great breakfast to start the day.

With regards to the noise level on the Alameda, it is true there is some noise that can be heard because of traffic and the road signals. It normally dies down between 8:00pm and 9:00pm and starts back up the next morning around 6:00am when everyone is on their way to work. Alameda is one of the main roads here in this area. We are working to reduce the amount of noise experienced and will keep everyone updated with those details.

Thank you again for taking the time to write this review. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in San Jose.

Respectfully,