“Excellent”

Morton's The Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 2,490 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: US$5 - US$100
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: What began in Chicago in 1978 is now one of the most award-winning steakhouses around. For over 30 years, Morton's The Steakhouse has been on a mission to provide "The Best Steak… Anywhere." Focusing on quality, consistency and genuine hospitality, Morton's seeks to provide not only memorable cuisine, but a memorable experience. With fresh, succulent seafood and famed USDA prime-aged steak, it's no surprise that Morton's has thrilled diners all over the world. For a glimpse of a higher standard of steakhouse, come see the legendary Morton's experience for yourself.
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Very hight level steack Housse. Very good service, food and wine.
Be careful to the price, it's expensive.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed the atmosphere created by the staff during this private celebration. Welcoming, organized and flow was orderly. Luncheon Buffet had a tasty variety of steak and seafood along with appetizers and desserts.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank jaremer
Reviewed 19 August 2018

Others have reported bad service. It was a bit leisurely but not dreadful. They adapted to our needs; half our party had to leave early for an appointment and the waiter arranged for them to complete their meals. Of course, the important part is meat--3 of us had the 6oz filet mignon. It was cooked as ordered; it was tender and tasty. The fourth had the cajun ribeye; he ate it all. We all had the creamed spinach as the side dish--cooked right not steamed into a mush. My wife had the Goose Point oysters and enjoyed them. I had the onion soup. Here the soup and cheese were fine but the crouton was too large and thick. Dessert can be a souffle (if you order at the start of the meal because it takes a while to prepare) and it is worthwhile to order it. It's expensive, but generally worth it.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Scanner_Lewis
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We were four. I had burrata salad, fillet, and baked potato. The burrata lacked the rich flavor I expected.

Both the steak and potato were very dry. If you go here, pay the 7 bucks for some butter so the steak is not dry. The wine helped here.

Overall, I found very good service with mediocre food at a very high price.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Morton's is a great steak chain by Landry's. This particular downtown San Jose Morton's is better than regular family restaurants, but there is room for improvement in the fine dining arena. They are a local staple and I go there often as there isn't a lot of competition downtown San Jose (no Ruth's Chris, Flemings, The Palm, etc.), but I would love to see more consistency and a more personalized service. The Anaheim Morton's stood out a bit more in my opinion.I visit this restaurant about six times a year, but don't see the same employees. Other restaurants I may visit only a couple times a year and they welcome me back and remember me - some even by name.

I did enjoy my Maine lobster (pretty good and I eat this often - even went to Maine just to over dose on lobster!) this visit and my potatoes au gratin (they were amazing). I usually get the filet mignon medium rare and it is always cooked to perfection. I wouldn't order the brussel sprouts again, for instance, as they were not cooked enough, but that is just my personal preference. I didn't care for the scallops as well.

I do recommend becoming a Landry's member (for $25) and you get specials, and they have other restaurants in their group that you get credit with.

I give it a 3 compared to other restaurants in its class, yet a 4 compared to other restaurants in the area. I will continue to frequent Morton's as they are not bad in their category, and better than many other options in the immediate vicinity. Great location! They also have valet parking which i like, so you can literally wear those shoes that are "just for dining and not walking!"

Oh, corkage free is $35. I prefer $20 corkage fees, but have had as high as $50 in Palo Alto, but I had a $200 bottle of wine so it was worth it.

Date of visit: June 2018

Been to Morton's The Steakhouse? Share your experiences!