“Great seafood”

Morton's The Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 2,310 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: US$5 - US$100
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

It’s always good to find somewhere that does really good seafood. This restaurant is know for its steaks and the ones ordered at our table looked great. But I like seafood and the oysters starter and mixed seafood I had for my main were great.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

What a special evening to celebrate my birthday. This restaurant goes above and beyond. They decorated our table and printed a special menu as a keepsake. As for the food, it melted in our mouths. I highly recommend this restaurant! ❤️

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

My 5th time at this restaurants and it consistently disappoints. Food is okay (price vs. quality). Service is less than desired...
1). Staff is a bit rude- I guess because they figured out there aren’t a lot of good choices for steak in the South Bay
2). Food is just okay; we had the seafood platter, steak and lobster and Lobster MAC n cheese- I’d skip the $30 lobster Mac n cheese. They use the claw meet (which is okay, but they don’t take the time to chop it up)

Valet will cost you $6

If time permits- drive up to SF

Reviewed 17 October 2017

A Morton's is a Morton's (unless something went terribly wrong), so there aren't going to be many surprises. The interior looks like nearly every other old-school steakhouse, which is a good thing. The staff know their product (though they're a little light on wine knowledge). The wine list is solid - we had a 2010 Errasuriz Don Maximiano, a Chilean icon that isn't on everybody's list. The food was mostly good; grass-fed kobe strip was nicely charred like I asked and beautifully marbled. The prawn cocktail we ordered was poached to nearly crustacean-leather; didn't know it was possible to do that. Overall a solid meal in a steakhouse that looks and feels like every other Morton's.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Website showed bar opened at 4PM. I called to verify this & was told they didn't open the bar until 4:30. I asked if we could order from the dinner menu in the bar & was told yes. This Morton's has no parking & does not validate. We arrived at 4:15 & the bar was already open. The hours listed on the window stated they opened at 4. We went in & were waited on immediately. Our server was very nice but when we asked about ordering dinner, she told us we couldn't order for another 45 minutes because the kitchen didn't open for dinner until 5PM. We ordered a drink, had to put more money in the meter to allow for the delay & waited. At 5, she returned to say she had made an error & they kitchen couldn't start cooking dinner until 5:30. So, our experience did not start off well at all. After 5:30, we were delivered a hot loaf of bread & butter & it was delicious. We placed our order for a filet (taste was very good but expensive), Lyonnaise potatoes (cubed potatoes fried with onions) which were too well done & most of them were hard without much flavor, salmon served with a corn, tomato & garbanzo bean chutney (salmon was wonderful with great flavor). We belong to the Landry program which included Morton's. I presented our card when we were ready to pay. When the receipt came out, it showed the credit but didn't add up correctly. We had to ask 2 servers before it was explained to us that the way Morton's chooses to show the credit is to subtract a little bit from each item ordered so beware of all this before you go. Would I go again, no because of all the misinformation we were given. Plus, even with our discount, $150 for dinner that was good but not outstanding is too expensive.