“Too many issues”
Review of Morton's

Morton's
Reserve with OpenTable
Morton's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 2,224 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: US$5 - US$100
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Website showed bar opened at 4PM. I called to verify this & was told they didn't open the bar until 4:30. I asked if we could order from the dinner menu in the bar & was told yes. This Morton's has no parking & does not validate. We arrived at 4:15 & the bar was already open. The hours listed on the window stated they opened at 4. We went in & were waited on immediately. Our server was very nice but when we asked about ordering dinner, she told us we couldn't order for another 45 minutes because the kitchen didn't open for dinner until 5PM. We ordered a drink, had to put more money in the meter to allow for the delay & waited. At 5, she returned to say she had made an error & they kitchen couldn't start cooking dinner until 5:30. So, our experience did not start off well at all. After 5:30, we were delivered a hot loaf of bread & butter & it was delicious. We placed our order for a filet (taste was very good but expensive), Lyonnaise potatoes (cubed potatoes fried with onions) which were too well done & most of them were hard without much flavor, salmon served with a corn, tomato & garbanzo bean chutney (salmon was wonderful with great flavor). We belong to the Landry program which included Morton's. I presented our card when we were ready to pay. When the receipt came out, it showed the credit but didn't add up correctly. We had to ask 2 servers before it was explained to us that the way Morton's chooses to show the credit is to subtract a little bit from each item ordered so beware of all this before you go. Would I go again, no because of all the misinformation we were given. Plus, even with our discount, $150 for dinner that was good but not outstanding is too expensive.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

I had the special dry aged boned ribeye and I have to say it was the most delicious I ever had. We got side dished that I recommend also :
- Twiced baked cheese potatoes
- Sour cream mash potatoes
- Aspergus (that we do not recommend)

The cocktail at the start is quite pricy (Bloody mary quite small for 15$)

I do recommend this restaurant at least one but our bill for 3 peoples was of 400$us with only 1 small bottle of wine.

The service is very good. Good explanation of the menu and they come see you often to take care of all your needs.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

We had a wonderful first time visit. Our waiter Jose was excellent and all was very tasty. We dined on the Landry Club Prix fixe Menu - a truly great value. It was $100 for 2 including a bottle of wine with selections from salads, soup, entrees and dessert. The prime filet was delicious. Valet parking was $6. We hope to return.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

I just dinner yesterday in Morton's. I order the season selection selection, with caramelised onions. I have to say that my fish was slightly too slated, but did not restrain me to finish my all plate. The presentation was very nice.
The service was quite slow, maybe because this was a late Sunday evening?
Nevertheless, for what we paid and what we got, I believe this was too expensive.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

Travelling for business and conference in June. Went for a late dinner about 8:30 pm, so the place was not busy. When we entered they asked if we had a reservation, which we did not. I asked if that was a problem, and they said no.
We ordered the rib steak and the filet, which both were done to our liking. I had also ordered a chopped spinach salad. When it came it looked more like shredded and had very little flavor.
Service seemed a bit slow for our meals, since they were not busy. Otherwise a fine meal.

Been to Morton's? Share your experiences!