“Best in San Jose ”

Ranked #263 of 2,367 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

We absolutely love this place. Freshly made chips and very flavorful salsa. My wife loves the caldo camarone and shrimp fajitas. I love camarones a la Diablo
Fiery jo2t, but oh so good.

1  Thank Marty S

Reviewed 4 January 2017

From the minute I moved to San Jose, I had one after another after another person tell me that this is the place to go for Mexican food. I finally made it in and not sure if it was all the hype or that I've had some really phenomenal Mexican food at other places in San Jose however I was a little underwhelmed. The wait was long which I had been warned about.

The food was good and arrived pretty quickly. It just lacked any wow factor when I think about all the people who call this a local gem. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed my meal, I just wouldn't give it the label that others do of the best Mexican food in town.

Reviewed 23 July 2016

We turned up at about 8:30pm, and the kitchen was closing, but they kindly took our order, and brought out a great dinner for the 4 of us. We were made very welcome, and would be pleased to eat there again.

Reviewed 26 October 2015

i have twice lived in willow glen area of san jose
the second being for a 2 yr period in the mid 2000's.
i had gone to Taqueria Tlaquepaque many times for anything from lunch to donner to just grabbing chips and salsa.
my friend hector mentioned it as a possible meeting place for lunch, i was very happy!
got there at noon and the place was semi empty ... more a dinner location than lunch i guess.
orders were taken ... my drink came as 'NOT' ordered,
menu items ordered.
and ... they came quickly
the carnitas looked like they had been under the 'lights/oven' way too long.
the beans were way over heated ... the rice was fine ... ensalada, it was minimal!
all in all ... i wasn't impressed, things have gone down hill ... ALOT!

1  Thank punadude
Reviewed 30 September 2015

If your looking for a great Mexican resturant you have to try T.T.. From the chile verde to,the tostada pulpa all hummy. You also have to try a chevella. Try it all you will dinfinently enjoy.