“Good mexican food”

Consuelo Mexican Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Consuelo Mexican Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #208 of 2,485 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Olsen Drive
Reviewed 11 January 2018

We went with our Spanish native friend to get a more authentic experience from this place. Spicy potatoes, tortilla soup, peppery salmon and chilli dominated chicken. Everything was very tasty and the servers were very nice and accommodating. I'd want to go back and try some of the other dishes and cocktails this place has to offer.

Reviewed 18 December 2017

We arrived here without a booking on a Saturday evening, so couldn't get a table, though they gave us a place at the bar.

We were served drinks pretty quickly at the bar and ordered the meal straight away.

I ordered the freshly made guacamole as a starter, which was amazing.

For the main, I ordered the stuffed chicken, which was also great. It came with rice and a bean puree.

I loved all of the food. Not too heavy and very tasty.

I couldn't drink, as I was driving, but the Margaritas looked fantastic.

Look forward to going back here next time I'm in Santana Row.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

The guacamole here is super tasty! It's a little pricey in my opinion, but it was good. The rest of the food was good as well, no complaints.

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

This is a cozy place like an old Mexican "locanda". Food is just fair but tasty. Staff is friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

We try to go here every friday after a stressful week at work! We enjoy the wonderful mexican food! We tend to go during the evening after 5pm and sit in the outdoor sitting area because across the little street on the weekends they have live music! So while eating dinner it is as if you are at a mini concert! The workers are great, food is great, and the outdoor vibe is awesome!