“The only place for omelettes”
Review of Bill of Fare

Bill of Fare
Ranked #226 of 2,367 Restaurants in San Jose
Reviewed 15 January 2017

This is the first time i have been back since they moved out from behind a gas station. The space is about 3 times larger, and the food is even better than i remember. I have been coming to Bill of Fare for almost 30 years and for me it is the only place for an omelette. OF all the places I have been they are consistently the only place that knows how to make them. Other places like to fluff them up into souffles or scorch one side or turn them into scrambly things - Here it is simple perfection . I have not eaten anything else here except their breakfasts but that is good enough for me.

Service is good and accurate

1  Thank Mithra

Reviewed 3 December 2016

I'm on a life-long quest to find the world's greatest breakfast burrito. I gave this one a 2 out of 5: It's just a very large, somewhat dry, omlet wrapped with a tortilla. The home fries were very good.

Service was prompt - we had food less than five minutes after placing the order. The staff was incredibly friendly.

Overall, food is solid but not exceptional. Service is exceptional.

Oh, the world's best breakfast burrito is at Two Cats, in Bar Harbor, Maine. The second best is at Kitsch'n in Chicago. I really need to write those reviews.

Reviewed 29 September 2016

Extensive breakfast menu; Asian touches in dinner menu. Always busy but service is quick. I had tofu with pork today and it was quite good. Ample portions.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

Well the omelets are still good, but after the move to down the block I think they lost something. I had the scrambled eggs (good) home fries (okay) and biscuits and gravy (weird taste and not good biscuits). The coffee was good and they sure didn't let the level get below half before they refilled it. All in all, not bad but not really good either.

Reviewed 13 April 2016 via mobile

Was here and had breakfast. It was awesome. Weekends are busy and weekdays the wait time is not long. The servers are awesome and my personal experience was great