“Meh.”
Review of ARCADIA

ARCADIA
Reserve with OpenTable
ARCADIA is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #65 of 2,488 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Market Street
Description: Acclaimed Chef Michael Mina's ARCADIA features a modern American steakhouse menu. In addition to mouth-watering steaks, the expanded menu offers fresh fish and chicken dishes, expertly prepared, as well as the freshest shellfish. Enjoy "ARCADIA Classics" like Lobster Corn Dogs, Ahi Tuna Tartare, Whole Fried Chicken, and Steak Rossini. Accompany your meal with traditional steakhouse sides prepared with Mina's modern twist. “Voted Best Steakhouse by Best of the Bay TV Viewers in 2011”
Reviewed 31 August 2018

I admit, I'm not typically looking for fancy dining. It seems that's all they have when it comes to menu options. Service was great, food was okay - just more rich and expensive than I was looking for.

Date of visit: February 2018
TeamMarriott, Director of Restaurants at ARCADIA, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2018

Dear DareAcceptor,

Thanks for the detailed evaluation, and for your kind words about our service delivery. However, we apologize for anything other than a memorable dining experience. Your honest comments will be shared with our team, and we will use them to improve going forward. We hope you will give us another opportunity in the future!

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Had a pretty good dinner here with a Japanese client. Went back once with friends the following week.
The dishes I liked were ahi tuna tartare , crab cakes and filet mignon.
Prices were very reasonable.
Overall a positive experience.

Date of visit: May 2018
TeamMarriott, Manager at ARCADIA, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Dear quangfremont,

Thank you for the excellent review of Arcadia. We are thrilled to know that ahi tuna tartare, crab cakes, and filet mignon were the highlights of your dining experience. We will share your wonderful comments with our Chef. Thank you for dining with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

We’re in San Jose for a convention. Arcadia was in walking distance from our hotel. The service was outstanding. The skirt steak my husband ordered was actually rare, which is hard to do. My scallops were yummy. The peach cobbler with tarragon ice cream was great. Yeah, it is quite pricey.

Date of visit: August 2018
TeamMarriott, Manager at ARCADIA, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Dear Laura T,

Thank you for the great review! It is always exciting to hear from our guests, and we are delighted you and your husband enjoyed our combination of mouthwatering, innovative cuisine and stellar service, all to create the perfect dining experience. It was our pleasure serving you at Arcadia, and we hope to see you both again soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

I needed a place for a lunch meeting during a conference. This restaurant is in the Marriott.

It was very disorganized when we got there and service was a bit on the slow side.

Food wise, ok. My club sandwich lacked anything special. In fact maybe a little dry like it was sitting under a heat lamp for awhile.

Date of visit: July 2018
TeamMarriott, Director of Restaurants at ARCADIA, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2018

Dear CcriderYVR,

Please accept our apologies as well as every assurance we will be working to address the concerns outlined in your review. Typically our team does a terrific job of responding to our guest’s needs, and we are very disappointed that we let you down. We value your feedback and will use it to ensure we are more consistent with our service levels. We want each of our guests to have a memorable experience, and we hope to a chance to make it up to you. Thanks for choosing us and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

I had to pick a place to celebrate my birthday with my in laws and I had been wanting to try this place for some time so it seemed like a great choice. It had everything my in laws like about a restaurant: a classy atmosphere, a steak/seafood themed menu, easy parking, and the ability to make reservations for your meal.

I’ll be honest, I’m not a steakhouse person at all but this place seemed like a good compromise because of the fun, nontraditional options that are on the menu that my husband and I could order. The free valet parking is also a plus although it is really hard to get into the front of the hotel around dinner time on that busy street.

On a Thursday night the place had a few groups but wasn’t even that full so I wonder how busy it gets on Friday or Saturdays. We ordered two orders of the lobster corn dogs (so glad that wasn’t a lunch only menu item!), I got the lobster pot pie, my husband got the pan roasted fried chicken with truffle mac and cheese for one, my mother in law got the pork chops, and my sister and father in law got steaks. Every single dish was impressive to look at and everyone loved what they got. We joked that it would be hard to order if we came back because everyone’s food looked so good! My lobster pot pie was like eating a whole lobster and veggies in a rich lobster bisque! Really indulgent! I also liked the french fries you get with 3 different seasonings and dipping sauces instead of traditional bread to start.

The evening was topped off with a free chocolate mousse cake for my birthday which I very much appreciated from our awesome server. The only other negative I had besides the tricky parking would be our food took a little bit more time then I would have wanted to come out. I don’t like food coming to the table super fast after ordering because it cuts down on time to socialize with whoever you’re with, but our meal took a little longer then I would’ve wanted. We all agreed, however, that we would definitely come here again!

Date of visit: March 2018

Been to ARCADIA? Share your experiences!