All reviews mosaic restaurant asian fusion front desk walking distance light rail free bottles of water convention center small hotel location is great junior suite street noise parking fee stayed here for one night an older hotel per night enjoyed my stay bed was very comfortable
Reviewed 7 September 2012

This is my new go-to hotel in San Jose. It is unexpectedly nice for a Four Points (which I usually find efficient, clean, and kind of "sterile"). In fact, it's much nicer than a lot of regular Sheratons where I've stayed. This hotel has character! The inside is architecturally interesting. The rooms are very hip. Great bed. Lobby has a restaurant that you might actually want to eat. Parking is convenient (but kind of expensive - $20 for self park). Front desk staff was great. I'm surprised, and impressed.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Jacqueline C
FourpointsGMSanJose, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2012

Dear Jacqueline:

Thank you so very much for your wonderful review of our hotel! I'm delighted that your visit went so well, and that your expectations of our hotel were so clearly exceeded!

We certainly look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to our fair city.

Thanks,

Randy Zimmerman, General Manager

Reviewed 21 August 2012

This is a weird little place. Used to be the Hotel Montgomery apparently. You'll actually have trouble finding it since the sign for the hotel restaurant is bigger than the one for the hotel. Small lobby, older elevators, etc. Nicely updated though. The room I stayed in was actually quite spacious, though very oddly furnished. Very very small desk. If you need to do any work at all its a bit tight. Decent internet, though the WiFi as seems to be common for these Sheratons is very spotty--moving around the room you'll lose your connection. Parking is VERY expensive for this area at $20/day. And this location is very inconvenient to get to--lots of traffic all sides. If its valuable to you where its located, in the middle of everything downtown, it may be worth putting up with this. If not, stay at the one in Milpitas instead--free parking, nice pool, more space, cheaper rates, newer, etc. AT&T 3G coverage here is incredibly poor by the way. Nice bed. Cheap towels, amenities etc.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Dear Fanfoot:

Thank you for your review. I'm pleased to hear that your overall expectations were met, even in spite of some concerns & issues.

We certainly look forward to seeing you again; if I can be of any personal assistance, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Thanks again,

Randy Zimmerman, General Manager

Reviewed 8 August 2012

We stayed here for one night. 2 adults, 3 small children). We were lucky to find the last room available: the Presidential suite. The bullet points:
Pros: room size was generous; windows were squeaky clean and afforded good views, within walking distance of the Tech Museum and several restaurants, the valet was very helpful in providing travel tips and let you self-park, front desk was helpful in securing a negotiable rate

Cons: giant hair balls on floor upon arrival (hopefully from someone cleaning a brush); noisy room-the bell of the team quite clear each time as well as plumbing and a/c mechanical noise; carpet stains and overall lack of cleanliness; old, tired furnishings in need of replacement, a terrible pull-out mattress on the sofa bed (although most sofa beds are bad); inability to turn volume on tv up to a decent level; lackluster toiletries; no swimming pool

Summary: there are comparable hotels with more amenities (ie. free parking, free breakfast, free Internet) at a lower or comparable price 5 miles away. You're not downtown but do you need to be?

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank sduprie

Dear sduprie:

Thank you for staying with us and posting this feedback from your visit with us. We sincerely appreciate your comments and will certainly use them in our continuing efforts to provide the best possible Four Points experience. We apologize for any inconvenience that you encountered while staying as our guest and will work hard to correct the issues that you have mentioned.

Thank you again for providing us with this feedback.

Reviewed 6 August 2012

I was kind of excited to stay here as I wanted to stay a non-traditional hotel. You can tell once you walk in that this use to be an old hotel from the crown molding and the small lobby. We arrived very late at night so, I wasn't expecting much in room choices. We had a room on the 2nd floor facing the garden. The room was clean and big enough. The bedding was comfortable. The bathroom was clean and well stocked with extras. They do provide free water but I wouldn't drink it as the company they buy water from adds ingredients to the water. Go ahead and read the label but when I drink water I want to know that there is nothing but water in it. The room came with a refrigerator. We had no problems using the internet. We had a late night snack at the restaurant. The front desk said that it was Asian Fusion but it wasn't. It had a mixture of asian type dishes but you could also order bar type food. It was good enough. I wouldn't go out of my way to eat here. They do charge $20 bucks to park. We stayed on points but I probably won't stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Disneyfreak67

Dear EnchantedVacations:

Thank you very much for visiting with us and posting your feedback. We are very apologetic that we failed to meet your expectations and will use your comments in our ongoing efforts to provide the best possible Four Points guest experience. The comments that you have provided to us are important and we sincerely appreciate the opportunity to receive them.

Thank you again and we wish you safe travels.

Reviewed 4 August 2012

Great place to stay. Everything was perfect except for the nasty surprise of being charged $20 to park. When we asked if there was somewhere else to park, the attendant stated that "San Jose is a big town, everywhere is $20 to park". Well, at 11pm we really did not have the energy to get out and look for somewhere else. Not happy about it. Everything else was very nice, though. Glad I am just passing through.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank skillman911

Dear skillman911:

Thank you very much for visiting with us and posting your feedback. I'm glad to hear that your overall experience was positive, and have shared your feedback with our leadership team.

In regards to our parking, I'm sorry that you feel the charge to be excessive. Our lot is not owned by the hotel, and as such, the charges are ultimately passed through to the hotel guests. I would also point out that the $20 overnight fee is consistent with (or lower than) other downtown hotels; while I realize that doesn't negate your experience, please be assured that we are not engaged in any price gouging.

Thank you again and we wish you safe travels.