“Excellent Ramen”

Santouka
Ranked #157 of 2,349 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Santouka is my number one go to place for ramen in the SF South Bay area. The broth and ramen are very delicious. My favorite ramen is #13, ramen with special pork with tamago. I highly recommend this place to any one that wants to eat ramen. Come on a reasonable time or you get to be in line for a long time but definitely worth the wait.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

I've been disappointed with Bay Area ramen, ever since spending 6 months in Japan, a few years ago. But this place is very good. The broth is heavy and flavorful. And the combination plates are super affordable. Yay for the South Bay! You'll wait for it though, on average about 30-45 minutes, but it's worth it.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Rich broth that is almost milky signify the authenticity of a Japanese ramen. It serves up three versions, miso, spicy miso, soy and salt (basically plain).
I tried the salt version. It was really delicious.
The place is always crowded. Prepare to queue for at least 15-30mins. Cash only.
Unfortunately it doesn't offer more refine options or request such as more al dente noodles.
Everything goes by the number of its display in the window. The sets are of great value if you are really hungry.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

I went with a friend who lived for many years in Japan, and who ordered for me. The soup was delicious, the toppings and port were flavorful and tender. The soup was very hot when we got it as it should be and stayed how while we ate. Be prepared to wait, but it worth it!

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

I absolutely adore this place. Everything is delicious, you can't order badly. One thing I would mention is that there is only pork variations, no chicken or beef. As lunch starts, the line can be a bit daunting, I'd assure you that it's there for a reason.