“I would not stay here ever again”

Comfort Suites Airport
Ranked #51 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed 21 May 2017

If you are looking for some place that is half way finished and dirty and that the staff has NO idea what customer service is then this is the place for you!

The hotel is under construction which would not be a bad thing but we have been here for 5 nights and we have not seen anyone working on the hotel at all. Our room was supposedly finished and it is not clean and half the stuff in the room isn’t working.

I mention that half the stuff isn’t working because one of those things is the phone in the room, maybe this is on purpose to ensure that the hotel staff will not be able to get a call from you asking them to actually work and provide you with something you have asked for several times.

This hotel is supposed to have breakfast from 6:30 to 9:30. What that means is that if you get there at 6:30 you will need to wait until 7:00 for the food to be out and you better be there at 7:00 because if you aren’t and the food and coffee is gone they will not refill it. This has happened every morning since we have been here.

Oh and if you want to use the free wifi you want to be extremely patient as it keeps kicking you off and will take as long as dial up to load a page.

Here is the bonus! If you just LOVE the smell of pot then you will REALLY want to stay here! Because walking up and down the hallways of the hotel you will get a contact high from the clients that are staying in other rooms!!! I can’t imagine why we kept ordering pizza! (Not my cup of tea)

Needless to say I would never recommend that anyone stay here unless you would like the dirty, smelly, non-customer service hotel, then this would be the perfect place for you……

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
GuestXperienceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2017

Hi Jeannie, Thank you for staying with us recently. We are very sorry that you have been so badly impacted by the work that is ongoing at our hotel. We are very much looking forward to these renovations being complete, and we sincerely hope that you will return to see the finished product, to enjoy a better stay. We appreciate your feedback in relation to breakfast, and we will ensure that our team makes our full breakfast available to all of our guests for the duration of the breakfast period. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we are very sorry that we could not provide you with a more enjoyable time.

Best Regards,
Customer Care Team

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Upon arriving, the sign want even lit up and considering the surrounding motels, I was a little weary. Even walking in, it seemed dated and old. The front desk guy was welcoming but wasn't completely sure of things, first impressions were not great and when I asked for a bottle of water, that had none. I asked about the cleanliness of the room because so far I was worried. He said they had completely updated all the rooms.

My room was nice, nothing like my impression of the hotel. I mean you're not staying in the hotel, you're staying in the room. Nice big King size bed, newer furniture, brand new bathroom. Everything looked really good.

Overall it was a comfortable quiet night. 7 or of 10

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
comfortsuiteshotel1, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again after re modeling so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Sam A
Comfort Suites San Jose Airport
408-392-9009

Reviewed 4 April 2017

We were evacuated from our home in San Jose about a month ago (at 1:00 am!!) when the creek near our home overflowed. We decided to book a couple rooms here. We chose this place because it was listed as "pet friendly" online and we were stressed and just wanted a hot bath and peace. Did not find either at this place. When we arrived, we found most of the parking spaces blocked off for construction. No big deal - it was the middle of the night, and we were exhausted. Paid for the rooms and asked what the fee for pets was, we were informed that regardless of what was indicated online - absolutely no pets. The front desk clerk then watched as we loaded our bags on the elevator to be sure we didn't smuggle our pets up to the room. He said, "What will you do with your pets? I cannot have them in the rooms." Got it. We had no plan to break the rules. The rooms. Ugh. Our tub was filthy. I mean, dirty- footprints-of-previous-guests dirty. The other room has used soap and towels in the bathroom. We took pics to send to the corporate site. I washed out the dirty footprints tub and attempted to run a hot bath. After 5 minutes, I gave up. I felt rotten in a drought state running the water 5 minutes. I attempted to call the front desk. The phone did not work. My mother informed me that the sofa bed had no pillow or blankets. It is now 2:00am. I walked down to the desk. Nobody there. I found a door to bang on and the clerk stumbled out. He gave us sheets and 1 blanket. He said he had "absolutely no more pillows or blankets or towels." Oh yeah. Our other room had only one body towel and one hand towel. I tried to communicate that this was not going to work for us, the clerk indicated he didn't understand what we were saying by continually wiggling his head and saying, "Yes. Yes. I don't know." No matter what we said. With all the choices in San Jose, I suggest spending your money elsewhere. One last thing - when I brought up the hot water issue - the clerk told me to run the water FOR 15 MINUTES (!!!) because "it is cold outside and when it is cold outside, water takes time to heat up." Yup.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2017

Stayed here for one night in between legs of plane journey. Called ahead to arrange airport shuttle pick up and was told it is always available, just call when we arrive. So I called upon arrival and informed the front desk that I needed transportation for myself and my three children under five. They sent a town car with no car seats because someone else needed the shuttle. And no one seemed apologetic about it.

Hotel room was not very clean. When I asked for infant crib at check in, the clerk told me I didn't need one because there was a pull out couch. So I went up to check out the couch, which was not infant safe. Nor was there any additional bedding in the room. I gave up asking for additional accommodations from the hotel because I was tired. So me and my baby just slept on the floor.

Finally, I asked for the airport shuttle to take us back to the airport at 4:15, but was running ten minutes late. Thank goodness the clerk came up to my room and impatiently waited in the door frame after telling me I had made the driver (of the same tiny cab, no less) wait a REALLY long time. Since I got up at 4 am and arrived at the airport at 4:30, I'm guessing I wasn't that late.

In sum, not worth the overpriced rate. If you don't mind crappy rooms and customer service, save your money by going to a cheap dive motel.

One positive: the room was very quiet!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
comfortsuiteshotel1, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2017

Dear Guest ,

Will check with the Accounts department and refund you back the amount for your stay.

HITESH PATEL
Comfort Suites San Jose Airport
408-392-9009

Reviewed 15 February 2017

I stayed for one night at the comfort Suites Airport. It was not a good experience. The staff is fine - not super friendly or efficient but no big complaints. The facility is very poor however. It was dirty, furniture was old and worn, my room smelled funny (in a bad way - as if it was moldy), the smoke alarm was missing in my room, the door to my room was hard to open and close (it "stuck"), and in general the room was dates and spartan. There's quite a few good hotels in the area, so I would try those first.
I should add that the hotel is being worked on (walls were being painted, trim etc). So, it may be that after they are done renovating, it will be better. However, most hotels would not put you in a hallway that is actively being worked on - so, strange situation.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business