All reviews light rail hotel desk denny s parking garage hard boiled eggs breakfast room early flight visit to san jose free breakfast front desk staff sink taxi sjc 11pm
Reviewed 23 March 2017

Stayed here for one night in between legs of plane journey. Called ahead to arrange airport shuttle pick up and was told it is always available, just call when we arrive. So I called upon arrival and informed the front desk that I needed transportation for myself and my three children under five. They sent a town car with no car seats because someone else needed the shuttle. And no one seemed apologetic about it.

Hotel room was not very clean. When I asked for infant crib at check in, the clerk told me I didn't need one because there was a pull out couch. So I went up to check out the couch, which was not infant safe. Nor was there any additional bedding in the room. I gave up asking for additional accommodations from the hotel because I was tired. So me and my baby just slept on the floor.

Finally, I asked for the airport shuttle to take us back to the airport at 4:15, but was running ten minutes late. Thank goodness the clerk came up to my room and impatiently waited in the door frame after telling me I had made the driver (of the same tiny cab, no less) wait a REALLY long time. Since I got up at 4 am and arrived at the airport at 4:30, I'm guessing I wasn't that late.

In sum, not worth the overpriced rate. If you don't mind crappy rooms and customer service, save your money by going to a cheap dive motel.

One positive: the room was very quiet!

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
comfortsuiteshotel1, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2017

Dear Guest ,

Will check with the Accounts department and refund you back the amount for your stay.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again after re modeling so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

HITESH PATEL
Comfort Suites San Jose Airport
408-392-9009

Reviewed 15 February 2017

I stayed for one night at the comfort Suites Airport. It was not a good experience. The staff is fine - not super friendly or efficient but no big complaints. The facility is very poor however. It was dirty, furniture was old and worn, my room smelled funny (in a bad way - as if it was moldy), the smoke alarm was missing in my room, the door to my room was hard to open and close (it "stuck"), and in general the room was dates and spartan. There's quite a few good hotels in the area, so I would try those first.
I should add that the hotel is being worked on (walls were being painted, trim etc). So, it may be that after they are done renovating, it will be better. However, most hotels would not put you in a hallway that is actively being worked on - so, strange situation.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank helia_bunch
Reviewed 17 October 2016

I had to quickly book a hotel for my husband and two colleagues when their flight was cancelled. I booked this via Priceline, the part of Priceline where you can see the hotel prior to booking. I got a reasonably good price. There were cheaper hotels nearby, but I went with this one as I generally like Comfort Suites. After they got home, I heard that there was construction everywhere, that the room had very few lights, that the front desk was not responsive...hubby had to call on external line to get anyone to answer. Hotel advertises shuttle, but early on a Sunday morning they call a taxi instead. Sounds good, but the wait was long for a taxi to come. Not so good when you schedule the taxi to correspond to a flight. - They told him the construction would last until about Christmas 2016. So if you are before this time, be aware.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Brendenny
Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

We recently stayed at this hotel. I must say, this is the worst hotel in the comfort suites chain. This hotel needed everything. Although I've been to hotels during a remodel, the room we were assigned was supposed to have been remodeled. It had a new coat of paint, and counter tops. That was it. The room decor was out of the early eighties. No plugs to speak of. The bathroom was a train wreck. Water leaked from the shower all over the floor. The toilet had hard water ring in it. The sink had calcium deposits on the drain, and at the base. The a/c was noisy. The only redeeming thing about this room was the flat screen TV. The host we met at the front desk, looked as if he came in from plowing the fields. He looked very unprofessional. He had a hard time understanding the information I gave him. Sometimes the only thing a hotel needs like this one, is to be demolished. I won't be returning to this hotel, even after it is remodeled. I have never seen such a hotel.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rick B
Reviewed 17 September 2016

This overpriced hotel is on par with the one next door to it (EZ 8) and others, such as Motel 6 - which are a lot cheaper. Hotel is 'under construction/renovation', but the 1st time we knew that was when we checked in. Nothing on their website about it at all, which would have alerted us NOT to book. Nothing is clean/construction debris/dust everywhere. No attempts to vacuum the hallways to try to make it look more inviting despite the room renovations going on. Room that we stayed in was still incomplete in some respects - and the bathroom sink was installed backwards!

They use taxi's for their "shuttle" service to/from airport. Have to call them from airport to arrange. Didn't answer the phone after 5 attempts, so had to call cab myself. Fortunately they paid for it!

Breakfast is just OK. Minimal items. Other than price, construction noise/dirt, it was 'o.k' for a quick overnight stay with a 5 minute ride to the airport. However, other hotels in the area would probably be a better choice.

Room tip: Noise was loud with renovations. Don't have any suggestions for which floor is better.
Date of stay: September 2016