Comfort Suites Airport
Ranked #51 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed 4 April 2017

We were evacuated from our home in San Jose about a month ago (at 1:00 am!!) when the creek near our home overflowed. We decided to book a couple rooms here. We chose this place because it was listed as "pet friendly" online and we were stressed and just wanted a hot bath and peace. Did not find either at this place. When we arrived, we found most of the parking spaces blocked off for construction. No big deal - it was the middle of the night, and we were exhausted. Paid for the rooms and asked what the fee for pets was, we were informed that regardless of what was indicated online - absolutely no pets. The front desk clerk then watched as we loaded our bags on the elevator to be sure we didn't smuggle our pets up to the room. He said, "What will you do with your pets? I cannot have them in the rooms." Got it. We had no plan to break the rules. The rooms. Ugh. Our tub was filthy. I mean, dirty- footprints-of-previous-guests dirty. The other room has used soap and towels in the bathroom. We took pics to send to the corporate site. I washed out the dirty footprints tub and attempted to run a hot bath. After 5 minutes, I gave up. I felt rotten in a drought state running the water 5 minutes. I attempted to call the front desk. The phone did not work. My mother informed me that the sofa bed had no pillow or blankets. It is now 2:00am. I walked down to the desk. Nobody there. I found a door to bang on and the clerk stumbled out. He gave us sheets and 1 blanket. He said he had "absolutely no more pillows or blankets or towels." Oh yeah. Our other room had only one body towel and one hand towel. I tried to communicate that this was not going to work for us, the clerk indicated he didn't understand what we were saying by continually wiggling his head and saying, "Yes. Yes. I don't know." No matter what we said. With all the choices in San Jose, I suggest spending your money elsewhere. One last thing - when I brought up the hot water issue - the clerk told me to run the water FOR 15 MINUTES (!!!) because "it is cold outside and when it is cold outside, water takes time to heat up." Yup.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 March 2017

Stayed here for one night in between legs of plane journey. Called ahead to arrange airport shuttle pick up and was told it is always available, just call when we arrive. So I called upon arrival and informed the front desk that I needed transportation for myself and my three children under five. They sent a town car with no car seats because someone else needed the shuttle. And no one seemed apologetic about it.

Hotel room was not very clean. When I asked for infant crib at check in, the clerk told me I didn't need one because there was a pull out couch. So I went up to check out the couch, which was not infant safe. Nor was there any additional bedding in the room. I gave up asking for additional accommodations from the hotel because I was tired. So me and my baby just slept on the floor.

Finally, I asked for the airport shuttle to take us back to the airport at 4:15, but was running ten minutes late. Thank goodness the clerk came up to my room and impatiently waited in the door frame after telling me I had made the driver (of the same tiny cab, no less) wait a REALLY long time. Since I got up at 4 am and arrived at the airport at 4:30, I'm guessing I wasn't that late.

In sum, not worth the overpriced rate. If you don't mind crappy rooms and customer service, save your money by going to a cheap dive motel.

One positive: the room was very quiet!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
comfortsuiteshotel1, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2017

Dear Guest ,

Will check with the Accounts department and refund you back the amount for your stay.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again after re modeling so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

HITESH PATEL
Comfort Suites San Jose Airport
408-392-9009

Reviewed 15 February 2017

I stayed for one night at the comfort Suites Airport. It was not a good experience. The staff is fine - not super friendly or efficient but no big complaints. The facility is very poor however. It was dirty, furniture was old and worn, my room smelled funny (in a bad way - as if it was moldy), the smoke alarm was missing in my room, the door to my room was hard to open and close (it "stuck"), and in general the room was dates and spartan. There's quite a few good hotels in the area, so I would try those first.
I should add that the hotel is being worked on (walls were being painted, trim etc). So, it may be that after they are done renovating, it will be better. However, most hotels would not put you in a hallway that is actively being worked on - so, strange situation.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank helia_bunch
Reviewed 17 October 2016

I had to quickly book a hotel for my husband and two colleagues when their flight was cancelled. I booked this via Priceline, the part of Priceline where you can see the hotel prior to booking. I got a reasonably good price. There were cheaper hotels nearby, but I went with this one as I generally like Comfort Suites. After they got home, I heard that there was construction everywhere, that the room had very few lights, that the front desk was not responsive...hubby had to call on external line to get anyone to answer. Hotel advertises shuttle, but early on a Sunday morning they call a taxi instead. Sounds good, but the wait was long for a taxi to come. Not so good when you schedule the taxi to correspond to a flight. - They told him the construction would last until about Christmas 2016. So if you are before this time, be aware.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Brendenny
Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

We recently stayed at this hotel. I must say, this is the worst hotel in the comfort suites chain. This hotel needed everything. Although I've been to hotels during a remodel, the room we were assigned was supposed to have been remodeled. It had a new coat of paint, and counter tops. That was it. The room decor was out of the early eighties. No plugs to speak of. The bathroom was a train wreck. Water leaked from the shower all over the floor. The toilet had hard water ring in it. The sink had calcium deposits on the drain, and at the base. The a/c was noisy. The only redeeming thing about this room was the flat screen TV. The host we met at the front desk, looked as if he came in from plowing the fields. He looked very unprofessional. He had a hard time understanding the information I gave him. Sometimes the only thing a hotel needs like this one, is to be demolished. I won't be returning to this hotel, even after it is remodeled. I have never seen such a hotel.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple