“Sleepless night.”

Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - North
Ranked #67 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed 8 June 2017

Started around midnight, when my smoke detector was going called front desk multiple times, finally staff member came to my to hear it, later told that security says that it is unsafe to change. Isn't it unsafe to have a disfuctional smoke detector. Left messages for the general manager to contact me about this matter and still haven't heard anything.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - North, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We take these matters very seriously and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

This hotel had a terrible smell throughout. The internet was intermittent. The bed was uncomfortable and the screen on the window was off and on the ground outside.I wouldn't have liked this this room if it were $79.00 but $179+ was ridiculous.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry you experienced so many difficulties during your stay with us. This is not the type of review we are accustomed to receiving, and it is very disappointing to read. Your comments will be shared with the team, and we will take the appropriate steps to prevent these issues from happening again. We truly hope you will give us another chance to prove that we are committed to providing outstanding accommodations and service.

Reviewed 4 June 2017

In short, avoid this place if you can. I had to book this hotel because it came with a kitchen and I had to stay for a full week for work. I thought it would be less expensive but I really think that the experience is not worth it.
The hallways are almost ALWAYS littered with trash, dirty dishes, dirty towels, etc. And they stayed there for 4 days!!
The remote, towel rods, shower rod, chairs, tables, toilet, bathroom floors, bath tub were ALL stained and looked disgusting.
The grab-and-go breakfast is a joke. They have coffee, oatmeal packets and some sad little muffins which I don't think pass for "continental breakfast".
The elevator floor is majorly chipped. The front desk background is basically some huge equipment with random crap around.
My advice - Don't stay here. But if you have to, then pack a pair of flip-flops that you can wear in your room because God knows when the carpet was last cleaned. Also, I brought my own towels and utensils (a pot, a pan, a bowl, a plate and some ladles). I am so glad I did because I'd rather eat outside than use the 4-day old towels and dishes that were left on the dirty hallway floors.

The only reason I gave an extra star was for the friendly hotel staff and the location (you'll find everything you need right across the street)

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - North, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2017

Sandy, you are absolutely correct to expect a clean, well-maintained property as your home away from home when traveling, and I sincerely apologize for failing to provide that for you. My staff and I are taking steps to ensure every detail from the first impression at check-in to final check-out will focus on impeccable attention to detail in all areas of our property. Thanks for your feedback, it will help us improve our service and facilities. I hope you will give us a chance to impress you on a future visit.

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

Dirty, run down, stinks of smoke. I reserved a non smoking room 326 was issued to me, it stank of smoke, not just a little but absolutely stank. When I spoke to reception they told me that the top floor had been "remodeled" last week from a smoking floor to non smoking. Remodeling turns out to be changing the sign on the door. Disgusting dump. Avoid if you can.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - North, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2017

Simon, we sincerely apologize that your non-smoking room had a smoke odor. We have asked our housekeeping staff to make sure this room receives a deep clean to remove the smell. We hope you will consider giving us another opportunity to provide you with a better stay.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

The final straw was when my package from FED Ex was hidden under the counter when I asked for it. I was told it did not come and the attendent went through the stack to prove it. I pointed at the corner of an envelope hidden under the counter and had her pull it out from behind the books. What do you know? It was mine, but it was open and my credit card missing. She then told me that it came that way. I emailed the manager about this, and I got a canned response about my valuable opinion and how it would be used for future guests comfort. I called customer relations, and was told they would get her to talk to me. No response. I called customer relations again, they told me they would get the regional manager involved. No response. Three weeks later I am still calling every other day. No response. To add to my dis-satisfaction, the AC would only work long enough to fall asleep then it switched to fires of hell setting. I asked to have it looked at. It worked long enough to trick me into falling asleep again, but two hours latter I woke up and think I had just been cooked to well done. I opened my window to cool the room, and that worked for the night. Sleeping in San Jose on the ground floor with the window open might be asking to be robbed, but I couldn't take the oven any longer. The garbage room has a 1/8 inch crud layer built up around door jam. I worried that I may catch MRSA walking by it. Not a pleasant stay what-so-ever. I have always been happy with ESA over the last few years, but his place is a hole. I am also let down with the regional management that they are so relaxed that I have not gotten one response from them about this. At this point I will not recommend ESA at any location. This is unfortunate, because most places are a good value for the money and friendly staff. But should you have a bad stay, there is absolutely no follow-up to resolve it from any level of management.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - North, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2017

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take these matters very seriously and will take the necessary actions to ensure this is properly addressed.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Jose
18.4 km away
Hampton Inn Morgan Hill
Hampton Inn Morgan Hill
#2 of 13 in Morgan Hill

Been to Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - North? Share your experiences!