“Amazing find!”
Review of Palermo

Palermo
Ranked #343 of 2,488 Restaurants in San Jose
Description: Palermo Italian Restaurant serves authentic Sicilian-style regional cuisine in a casual dining environment. Menu includes pizza, pasta & deli specialties. Featuring a patio with full bar.
Reviewed 15 September 2018

We were on a trip to Bay Area, and were headed to San Jose for the evening, so we decided to look up some good Italian food in the area. We were looking for something good, but not $$$$ as some of the better restaurants were. We saw Palermo, and it had good reviews, so we thought we'd give it a shot. We are so glad that we did. It was early, and there were only a few others there when we arrived. We were sat outside, and our host made sure that we had shade. We ordered caesar salads to start, which were very good (although kind of expensive for a side salad). Then I ordered the crab ravioli in vodka sauce and my husband ordered the Tortellini Alfredo. Both were amazing! I still think about that vodka sauce and wish I lived closer. The service was impeccable as well. Such a great little restaurant. We plan to make it a staple when we visit again.

1  Thank ChloeDuvall

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Casual and relaxed but oh so special...easily the nicest staff we have seen in San Jose! Eat outside if you can...white table cloth and umbrella combined with old school service. Salmon piccata, meat loaf penne and the list goes on...has become a family favorite. Get there before Google's employees find it and make you wait for a reservation. friendly on the patio. Near Willow Glenn. Enjoy.

1  Thank JackMajor
Steven R, Public Relations Manager at Palermo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Thank you so much for the kind words. We appreciate​ you taking the time to leave a review.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

As we walked back to the Fairmont, I felt in need of sustenance. Palermo was on the way back and looked inviting. A nice large outdoor seating area, a deck, and a small dining room. We opted for the deck. I think that annoyed the server since he was working on the patio. We didn't want to bother any of the other diners with our dog.

Nice wine list. We ordered a bottle of the Nero D'Avola. I ordered the Caprese Salad which was perfect! And Scooter decided on a dish of spumoni ice cream. By the time the server came back to take our order, he seemed to be in a better mood. He was much friendlier and yes, I can forgive him for the first impression. He even brought out some water for Cako.

I wish we could've came back to for dinner, but that would have to wait for another visit!

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Off the beaten path, but with delicious, authentic Italian food, lovely outdoor patio/bar, and super friendly wait staff! This Los Gatos creekside restaurant has served Italian food for over 65 years! The new owners kept the old recipes, added some new dishes, updated the decor and (dog friendly) patio! You won’t be sorry if you search thus one out!

Reviewed 5 May 2018

The outdoor eating area (pet friendly!) is very large and would be a great place to meet a group of friends. The restaurant just added an outdoor bar as well. I suspect this will become a popular neighborhood place. The trains go by just down the street so you get some noise from that along with the cars going by on the street.

Our waiter was very friendly, seemed to be enjoying his job, and was enthusiastic about the food. The fresh bread that arrived at the table was warm and fresh but the wrapped butter pieces were right out of the fridge and were too hard to spread.

I started with the Mista Salad which contained a couple small pieces of tomato and cucumber – definitely fresh. My husband had the Arancine. It was massive (larger than a baseball) served without sauce. We both agreed the side of sauce he requested made it much more enjoyable. The rest of the meal:
- Eggplant Parmigiana - Very good. The eggplant was thick and still had texture. Plenty of sauce and cheese.
- Tequila Shrimp – Ok but not memorable
- Raspberry Panna Cotta – Silky smooth and delicious

Been to Palermo? Share your experiences!