“Great Coffee and Baked Items”
Review of Bijan Bakery

Bijan Bakery
Ranked #3 of 54 Bakeries in San Jose
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 22 November 2017

Stopped by for Coffee in the late morning. Wonderful pastries. As we enjoyed our drinks and food, a line formed, waiting for help. Not surprised by the popularity.

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

I am always looking for Swedish princess cake and was thrilled to see it here. It is an excellent slice and well worth a visit. I also had the hot chocolate, which was great on a cool evening. The service here was very good on top of it all.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

I visited this bakery for breakfast while staying at the Fairmont on business. The bakery caught my eye every time I walked past it - gorgeous pastries displayed in beautiful glass cases. I had a latte and an almond croissant. Both were very good, but the best part of the experience was the feeling that I was in a little Viennese cafe, complete with soft classical music playing in the background. Would definitely go back for the experience.

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

I have been going to Bijan since 1993. Their cakes are delicious and fresh. They offer a wide variety of cakes, but my favorites are the Hazelnut mousse cake and the Princess Cake. Their fruit tarts are also very tasty and fresh. The chocolate croissant is so good. Everything I have tried there is really tasty.

Reviewed 15 January 2017

I visited this bakery for evening coffee and pastry. Parking was easily available. When I entered the bakery I was a little taken aback by how small the seating area is. There are only a few tables inside and there are some outside. I think that it would help if the bakery had an electronic sign asking people to take a number rather than have signs posted everywhere. Also, it might help in that the servers will not have to shout out to customers from time to time asking them to take a number.
They have a good variety of pastries and cookies in addition to some ethnic delights. I had tried their tiramisu cake at a party and have to say that it was delicious.

There is nothing salty which is slightly disappointing. I ordered a coffee pastry. It was very tasty and we ordered some cookies which were delicious. However, I was disappointed by the decaf coffee. The coffee was tasty but cold. When I asked for it to be warmed the server wasn't very happy. Even though the sweets are tasty I am not sure that I will visit this place again.