“Good Breakfast”

Add it.
Corner Bakery
Ranked #15 of 55 Bakeries in San Jose
Reviewed 3 March 2017

i reviewed this a while ago, and hadn't been back as I wasn't very impressed. A friend suggested we go for breakfast, and it was quite good. The veggie scramble came with very fresh fruit and a delicious toast. The iced tea selections are not good, however. Service was fast, and the restaurant was clean. Ample parking as it is in a shopping center. Fountain products are Coke.

Reviewed 30 October 2016

This is a comnmentary on the cafe side of the house - not the baked goods side.

This was new in the neighborhood so we decided to try it and were rather disappointed. the food was ordered by standing in line and giving an order. When it's ready they bring it out - simple huh? Not so much- both of our orders were cool to cold when they came out ( scrambled eggs of some kind)

My home fry potatoes were soggy - not hot and had big chunks of raw onion in it- nothing was even cooked together. They should have at least cooked the onion . The scrambled egg was all the way from over done to runny and cold in several spots- how they did that is an amazement to me .

They didn't even bother to ask if i wanted what kind of toast or what kind of potatoes- they only serve it their way.

The logistics of the place however is the worst I have seen. Of course you get a number and they bring the food to the table with the number -but do they bring condiments ? no you have to go find them, the butter is also in the condiments category and the tin foil wrapped packages have seen better days- several of them look like they melted and then were refrozen.

There is absolutely nothing on the tables except salt and pepper - no sugar, no cream, no stirrers, no napkins, and they don't bother to tell you that when you order.

Finally when you order to eat in- it would be nice to get a real coffee cup not the cardboard stuff for takeaway.

All in all this is simply an experience of getting enough calories- not even eating .

Reviewed 17 October 2016

My son loves pancakes and we do visit ihop sometimes but i am not a big fan of ihop and once we discovered this i loved it. Nice seating place and clean tables and food according to my son as very good too.

Reviewed 27 June 2016

This is a relatively new restaurant in the West Gate Shopping Center; it took me a while to find an excuse to check it out, and when I did with the family, it was well worth it. It's a great alternative to our other favorite cafe, which is SF Boudin just down the street. It's clean, conveniently located and the selection is very good. I recommend it for anyone who wants a good breakfast, lunch or light dinner.

Reviewed 17 June 2016

I've eaten at Corner Bakeries in Texas, but this is my first time in California. I always order the Spinach salad because it comes with Goat Cheese (which makes everything taste better - except chocolate), strawberries, chopped apples, grapes, dried cranberries, oranges, onions (I don't get cause I don't like onions), raisin pecan sweet crisps and strawberry vinaigrette.

In Texas when you ask for your salad to go they put the raisin pecan sweet crisps in a little white "bakery" bag to keep them crisp. Here they put them in a little paper container with a plastic lid. (Hello, Corner Bakery, this is California! Be like Texas and use the little paper bag - more eco-friendly!!)