“Good food, but it is going downhill”

Ko Hyang Tofu House
Ranked #26 of 252 Restaurants in San Gabriel
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Korean
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed 16 December 2015

I have been this restaurant many times and always like the decor, atmosphere and the food.

Their tofu pot is getting smaller, same with their side dishes. The bulgogi, spiced pork and the fried croaker are still the good dishes to get. I love their barley tea, too.

Waiter and waitress are so short-handed so every re-fill has to wait.

Reviewed 30 December 2014

We have been going to the Tofu House for the last several years - basically whenever we visit the LA area, we try to swing by! We really enjoy the little dishes they bring out before the food is served. They include potato salad, seaweed salad, spicy cucumbers, kimchee, a fried vegetable pancake with dipping sauce, and bean sprouts. They serve a small salad too. All are delicious.

Our family normally orders the seafood tofu soup, the mushroom tofu soup and the chap chae. The soups are BOILING when served, and they will add an egg if you would like one. The soup is also served with a bowl of hot rice.

We really enjoy walking and shopping at the San Gabriel Square shopping center. There is a lot to do and see - and wonderful food to eat!

Reviewed 2 September 2014

Saw the poster about their cold noodle in the window as I walk by. So I decided to try it. They are very good. The taste is very light and not greasy. Take them with all the side dishes and the meal is very filling. If you don't like spicy food, you can order it not spicy. Go to the last page of the menu to find the dishes with lower price.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Came here a second time but a year later since I was visiting from NYC. The food is really good. I like that the wait staff can speak Chinese as well as English. This time I ordered the combination short ribs and a tofu soup. Everything came pretty quickly so that's good. I would come back again lol

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Always ate here when we visited Los Angeles, one of the best Korean restaurants with big portion and very reasonable prices.