“Excellent sushi, great service.”

Takao Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 238 Restaurants in San Clemente
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed a sesame chick in appetizer to start and it was fabulous. Also ordered a couple sushi rolls. One member of our party stated it was some of the best sushi he's ever had and the rice in particular was very well prepared. Good atmosphere in the resturant. We will have to give the sushi bar a try next time.

Date of visit: June 2017
1  Thank L6929MOandrewj

Reviewed 25 April 2017

This is a small place near a movie theater. The sashimi is top notch. Service is very good and the environment is very pleasing.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 14 March 2017

Japanese cuisine is the consistent choice for us. Have had the luxury of visiting that unique country and sampled restaurants all over the U.S. Our favorite is in Dana Point, but we decided to give this establishment a try for comparison. Sashimi is always on my plate and my lady prefers tempura, so we ordered accordingly. The overall impression was good, but I found the Ahi (raw) below par. So I'd give this place average marks and probably not return as there a number of other Japanese diners
further up the quality scale.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 31 January 2017

We have been going to San Clemente regularly since 1975 but had never tried Taka-O. We were very pleased with our dinner; and we got in on an Early Bird special.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

Some times eating out alone isn't fun, but the sushi chefs are pretty friendly and actually pretty funny! Loved the roll I got and the sauce was amazing...but the amount of sauce was a little more than I like. I would ask for sauce on the side next time. If I lived here, this would be my sushi spot.

Date of visit: October 2016