“This used to be my favorite hang out, but no more. I was treated abominably. I frequented this resta”
Review of Cafe Rae

Cafe Rae
Ranked #56 of 222 Restaurants in San Clemente
Cuisines: Healthy
Reviewed 9 November 2017

This used to be one of my favorite hang outs for breakfast or lunch, not because of the food, but because of the atmosphere. NO MORE. They treated me abominably when I was last there and I won't be going again. I waited patiently for someone to seat my adult daughter and I but all were engagde with conversations amongst themselves or with patrons. I caught the busboy's eye and gestured to the table where I normally sit, which was open and did happen to be a four top. He nodded and my daughter and I sat and began to look at the menu. Shortly thereafter, a waitress came over and said could you please move to one of the other tables? I looked around as they weren't busy and the table they directed me too, was in an undesirable location. I stated I would prefer to stay where I was as it was not busy and it was where I normally sat. She again stated that she preferred me to sit at a two top. I acquiesced and my daughter and I disengaged from where we were presently sitting and moved to the assigned table. Shortly there after two people came in and sat exactly where my daughter and I had been sitting. Instead of being told to sit elsewhere they were greeted warmly. and in the event you are wondering, no they did not have reservations. The waitress would not look me in the face and never came to our table again. The bus boy delivered our meal and check and then as we were leaving, the waitress had the audacity to say" we appreciate your business" The food isn't very good an certainly not worth the treatment. I had always had pleasant experiences previously, so there wasn't bad history that preceded our last visit. I will not go back. There treatment of a regular patron was reprehensible.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

Your arrival is greeted by the scent of growing flowers and herbs that are just outside the door. Cafe Rae is a small place, seating about 25. But it has a big heart which shows in it's bright colors, unique decoration, and an excellent chef and staff that has been with the restaurant for years.
I have eaten here many times and have never been disappointed in either the service or the food. I'm usually there for breakfast and the special crusted french toast is my favorite. Yesterday I had the spinach/mushroom/cheese omelette with potatoes and it was excellent. Everyone in our group was pleased with the quality and quantity of their choices. I highly recommend Cafe Rae.

Reviewed 28 December 2016

it was nice quaint place for breakfast with really nice servers! the only thing, i wish they had soy or almond milk for the coffee. but everything else is great.:)

Reviewed 15 December 2016

I looked up good breakfast places on our way to San Diego and found this little gem. Small with artsy vibe, the breakfast was to die for. I had the veggie omelet with smokey flavoured vegetables, the best potatoes and whole grain toast. Sounds like a breakfast you can get anywhere but I a sure you, you won't. Our wait person was lovely too.

Reviewed 26 November 2016 via mobile

Fun little place to get some great food. Enjoyed the stuffed french toast stuffed with blueberries. Fast service not the best for parking.