“Excellent food in an interesting venue”
Review of Cafe Rae

Cafe Rae
Ranked #55 of 223 Restaurants in San Clemente
Cuisines: Healthy
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Your arrival is greeted by the scent of growing flowers and herbs that are just outside the door. Cafe Rae is a small place, seating about 25. But it has a big heart which shows in it's bright colors, unique decoration, and an excellent chef and staff that has been with the restaurant for years.
I have eaten here many times and have never been disappointed in either the service or the food. I'm usually there for breakfast and the special crusted french toast is my favorite. Yesterday I had the spinach/mushroom/cheese omelette with potatoes and it was excellent. Everyone in our group was pleased with the quality and quantity of their choices. I highly recommend Cafe Rae.

Reviewed 28 December 2016

it was nice quaint place for breakfast with really nice servers! the only thing, i wish they had soy or almond milk for the coffee. but everything else is great.:)

Reviewed 15 December 2016

I looked up good breakfast places on our way to San Diego and found this little gem. Small with artsy vibe, the breakfast was to die for. I had the veggie omelet with smokey flavoured vegetables, the best potatoes and whole grain toast. Sounds like a breakfast you can get anywhere but I a sure you, you won't. Our wait person was lovely too.

Reviewed 26 November 2016 via mobile

Fun little place to get some great food. Enjoyed the stuffed french toast stuffed with blueberries. Fast service not the best for parking.

Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

We have eaten breakfast here several times, just once for lunch. It is just a short walk from our house in San Clemente. It is small, but they use mirrors effectively to give a sense of greater space. The decor, with its bright colors really perks you up in the morning. The first thing you notice when the food arrives is how rich and natural the ingredients appear and taste. Service is excellent. The portions are generous. The prices are in line with the quality and other eating options in San Clemente. My wife and I split a sandwich and each had a bowl of delicious, from scratch soup when we had lunch the summer before. The front of the restaurant is brightly painted and they have a variety of plants in front of the window. We picked berries one morning after breakfast on our way out. I am not sure we were supposed to.