“Quirky cafe with amazing breakfast”
Review of Cafe Rae

Cafe Rae
Ranked #56 of 222 Restaurants in San Clemente
Cuisines: Healthy
Reviewed 15 December 2016

I looked up good breakfast places on our way to San Diego and found this little gem. Small with artsy vibe, the breakfast was to die for. I had the veggie omelet with smokey flavoured vegetables, the best potatoes and whole grain toast. Sounds like a breakfast you can get anywhere but I a sure you, you won't. Our wait person was lovely too.

Reviewed 26 November 2016 via mobile

Fun little place to get some great food. Enjoyed the stuffed french toast stuffed with blueberries. Fast service not the best for parking.

Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

We have eaten breakfast here several times, just once for lunch. It is just a short walk from our house in San Clemente. It is small, but they use mirrors effectively to give a sense of greater space. The decor, with its bright colors really perks you up in the morning. The first thing you notice when the food arrives is how rich and natural the ingredients appear and taste. Service is excellent. The portions are generous. The prices are in line with the quality and other eating options in San Clemente. My wife and I split a sandwich and each had a bowl of delicious, from scratch soup when we had lunch the summer before. The front of the restaurant is brightly painted and they have a variety of plants in front of the window. We picked berries one morning after breakfast on our way out. I am not sure we were supposed to.

Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

Great food and great service. We come here for breakfast and lunch often. Prices are very reasonable.

Reviewed 20 August 2016

A nice cafe that has delicious home made soups which I usually get
with a half a sandwich. Not cheap but good quality ingredients. Not
much privacy but there is enough room so you do not feel claustrophobic.
Have not tried the breakfast but it sounds good from the menu.