“Excellent fresh food”

Cafe Rae
Ranked #54 of 223 Restaurants in San Clemente
Cuisines: Healthy
Reviewed 31 December 2014 via mobile

Great California atmosphere with beautiful batik hangings on the wall of this cozy small cafe. The pancakes are the size of Bruce Springsteen albums; the breakfast sandwich on focaccia bread was tasty with fresh tomatoes, zesty sauce and an egg. Our three teenagers gave it 2 thumbs up!

Reviewed 3 November 2014

Very local feel to this place. Owners are always there, and working their tail off. Breakfast is consistent and always good. Well priced

Reviewed 26 October 2014

Adorable, cute (small) place. Sunny decor. Very fresh food. I had the RAE salad with grilled chicken and it was delicious. Brought back some cookies for my husband and he loved them.

1  Thank sueandted
Reviewed 6 September 2014

We loved this place. The food was fresh, we watched the chef cut the veggies from scratch, and the portions were considerable.

The prices are mid-level and WATCH OUT for the drinks price ... $5.00 for coffee and hot tea.

This is a locals place, most delicious, greatly friendly.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We happened upon this wonderfully and trippy breakfast spot and since we prefer local restaurants decided to try it. Wow we were glad we did!

Even though the sole employee was our order taker, cook and bussed he was friendly. We did not have to wait long and even though I'm very picky about how my eggs are cooked, they were done perfectly...the first time! All of our food was delicious and the fruit was fresh, not the usual tasteless stuff usually served elsewhere.

I agree I'm hesitant to share this treasure but they deserve the kudos!