“Town Restaurant”
Review of Town Restaurant

Town Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Town Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 142 Restaurants in San Carlos
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cherry Street
Transit: Located walking distance from the San Carlos Cal Train Station
Reviewed 22 June 2017

I had wanted to have dinner at Town for quite awhile when we were given a few gift cards for Christmas. Knowing how expensive Town was, we decided to use the gift cards. We were given the choice of eating inside (very very noisy), or outside (we were having a heatwave that week). We opted for outside. Very attentive waiter, quick service. I wanted to have the prime rib, but the waiter informed me that the chef over-cooked the prime rib to medium and I wanted medium rate. With that information I decided I would have the skirt steak. My husband had the pistachio-crusted halibut, which was somewhat tasteless. We shared a delicious spring greens salad. The presentation of our entrees were very nice. My skirt steak was topped with the best onion rings I have ever tasted. We ordered the sparkling sangria which was lovely. It's an expensive restaurant in a lovely neighborhood with nice food. If you want a filet mignon, be prepared to pay for it.

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed 22 June 2017

Very busy restaurant. Good place for a business dinner. Steak restaurant. Staple in San Carlos. If you go for lunch, you can shop afterwards. Parking is a challenge, but manageable.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

Great dinner, great meat, great everything.

It is really busy also on a school night so remember to book.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

To Town with our entire team to celebrate the end of our global team meeting.
We had a private room upstairs which was definitely necessary, and made for a very comfortable environment for us all.
Some great finger starters were put out for us such as tuna rolls, which were lovely. The salads were excellent and huge, and as for my New York rib, at 14oz, was delicious, perfectly cooked and about as good as it gets.
A great evening, great service, great food, nice venue and wonderful company.
Now for the flight home (groan!).

Reviewed 12 May 2017

So this was my first time here and maybe I'm not the best example but I am giving you an honest opinion so I hope it helps. The parking for a Tuesday night was oddly difficult but that was my only real complaint and is out of their control. The place was packed and if you are at the bar it can feel that way but not in a downtown dance club sense. The Pomegranate Martini I recommend it was delicious! The service was a little slow but it was a packed night so I let it go. The food I thought was amazing; the group I was with had an assortment of food so I will say that I think anything you get on the menu, be it appetizers or meals, will be very good. I recommend the steak or salmon, the garlic bread and the bread pudding. What I was happy to have had done was a gesture by the waiter. My meal never got put in and was 15 mins later than the rest of the groups' meals. The waiter apologized AND took the charge off the bill. I didn't even ask him to do that so while I was frustrated with the tardiness it was at least trying to be rectified. I will come here again and I hope its less busy so maybe I can fully enjoy it. Maybe an earlier dinner, 8 pm seemed like a popular time.