“Best prime rib ever!”

Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Izzy's Steaks & Chops is San Francisco's Favorite Steakhouse. Experience for yourself why we are San Francisco's Favorite! Opened in 2005 in San Carlos.
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

I took my mom here for the first time & she just loved it. We both had the end cut of the prime rib & it was mouth watering! We also have never tasted carrots as good as the dish they offer which is “carrots & onions”. The shrimp cocktail was so very tasty too. Izzy’s does everything right from the baked potato to the meat. Our waiter Cesar was a real gem & provided excellent service. The manager Jenny is fantastic & that is why this restaurant is so fabulous; it trickles down from the top! Thank you Izzy’s for a wonderful meal & night out!

Reviewed 17 September 2018

It's been awhile since we had dinner at Izzy's, & we were not disappointed. We decided to sit at the bar & have a drink before dinner. After a couple of drinks, we sat at a table in the bar & ordered our dinner. The bar offers a very comfortable setting & we enjoy dining in the bar.

My wife had the Chicken Piccatta & I had the Steak au Poivre. The Piccatta is always the best & my steak was very good. Prices seem to always go up, but we like the atmosphere & the service whenever we come here.

The service was excellent, very friendly & considerate. We always seem to have such a good time whenever we go to Izzy's. We'll have to make it a point to go back soon.

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

...what with commuting back and forth to the hospital to visit a close relative and to support our nephew and niece. We've been all over the "food map" in deciding on what to eat and tonight, our choice of where was more to do with giving our niece a break and a moment for herself while having a nice meal. We've been to Izzy's on several occasions in San Francisco and found it to our liking. While called a Steakhouse, the one in the City is more "a place to get a hearty meal with character". We would like to think the Izzy's in San Carlos is a bit like it's S.F. sister but what it does have is a casual appeal about it and without the pretense of an expensive Steakhouse, like Morton's. Don't get me wrong, Ruth Chris's and Morton's serves good steaks, after all, their meats are all "Prime Cuts". Izzy's who makes no bones about their meats being "Choice Cuts", somehow has mastered preparing their lesser cuts, so, their diners could benefit with an average tab being anywhere between $10.00 to $20.00 less expensive than the Brand Chain Restaurant. The more neighborhood vibe (compared to the formal setting associated with a Steakhouse) did enable our niece to unwind and enjoy a nice meal, unlike the sterile hospital dining of the past few weeks. While not planned, our first experience with Izzy's San Carlos was positive, the food - the New York, the Lamb, and the Salmon were nicely prepared. Izzy's being right off 101 is convenient for those on the Peninsula and should be considered for what I am calling a "good kick back mid-week Steak date night out".

Reviewed 28 August 2018

This definitely is one best steak houses in the San Francisco Bay area. The food and service are both outstanding!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Never a wait, good service and very good food. Prime rib is great, filet mignon even better and my favorite is the fried oysters. I have had a few disappointments in the past - once their house potatoes were undercooked; once I received half the number of oysters I usually receive, and the coating was almost burnt; and sometimes the service can be slow. However I return time after time and and strongly recommend.

Date of visit: July 2018