“Very Good Peruvian Food”

Emelina's Peruvian Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 140 Restaurants in San Carlos
Reviewed 10 August 2017

Driven by this place so many times and always said I need to try it out. Ok today I did. Located in a small strip mall I wasn't expecting much but after looking at the menu I had a difficult time choosing. I settled on the Pescado a lo Macho and never looked back. A mixture of fish, shrimp, clams, mussels, calamari, and octopus in a mild cream sauce. The serving was very big and i enjoyed every bite. Going back to see what else I can enjoy. Don't let the strip mall on a busy corner put you off.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

Driving by on street saw this Peruvian restaurant. Haven't had this food in a while. Was good enough I recommended it to friends that are from Peru. Good flavors not overwhelming, but the chili was to be know. I really enjoyed the small atmosphere and would recommend this restaurant for a nice evening out - nothing special, but worth the time.

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

I had never had Peruvian food before. This was such an amazing meal. The atmosphere is simple, but the food is delicious ! You cannot go wrong with anything on the menu. I dream about eating here again.

Reviewed 22 February 2017

Nice results for trying something new for visiting South American guest. Setting in a tiny shopping mall with limited parking does not take anything away from the huge menu and authentic tastes. Ceviche Pe Pescado was terrific with large pieces of fish. The Lomo Saltado, Filet Mignon dinner special, provided one free appetizer and was tasty. Pescado a la Plancha delicious. Pisco Sour drink with Ceviche was good match and the Peruvian Malbec wine nice addition to the Filet Mignon. Service was good both in English and Spanish. Setting is very low key with lots of families enjoying this popular venue. There is parking across the street at 7-Eleven if unavailable at site.

Reviewed 16 October 2016

It's certainly a popular establishment, drawing in lots of various patrons. Maybe it was our entree choices, maybe it was an off day for Saturday lunch. It was an okay meal. But we expected something more. I had the special Cordero a la Nortena and my mate had Lomo Saltado. While our hard-working server Sudir did a fine job. Neither dish wowed us. Not likely to be back.