“Always a good place for a Chinese lunch”
Review of HON Lin Restaurant

HON Lin Restaurant
Ranked #47 of 165 Restaurants in San Bruno
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 27 September 2016

When I go here it is always for the lunch combo. It usually comes with hot and sour soup, rice, and sweet and sour pork or Mongolian beef. Food is always very tasty.

Reviewed 1 May 2016

Good food at very reasoanble prices, experienced annually over the past four years. Friendly service (the owner's son?).

Reviewed 12 February 2015 via mobile

Walked here from my hotel for dinner and ordered the egg rolls, veggie fried rice and Mongolian beef. Everything was absolutely delicious. I love this little neighborhood. Keep in mind they (like a lot of restaurants on this street) don't take American Express.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

There are several Chinese eateries on the San Mateo Ave. This one was chosen due to its non-typical Chinese take-out menu. It turns out their food does carries good flavor, especially "Beef with Sichuan Garlic Sauce", the best of our dinner. We wanted to have streamed fish. Unfortunately they have live catfish only. We have doubt about steamed catfish, but decided to try. Well they did great job in preparing and cooking, but the texture of catfish is just not good for steaming. It's too hard and coarse. Overall, we think this is a good place that deserve a second try. We ordered one appetizer, one fish, one beef, one stir-fried vegetable, one soup, one bowl of rice, one pot of tea to share. Total $66 for a dinner for two.The portion is medium and the price is very good.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I had vegetarian chow fun and vegetarian hot and sour soup. I've never seen the soup on the menu anywhere else and I was not disappointed - not as good as my mom's, but still very tasty. The service was friendly but a little slow - there was a major party going on that was likely a factor. I would definitely return.