“Great BBQ and braised beef dishes”
Review of Fat Wong's Kitchen

Fat Wong's Kitchen
Ranked #71 of 173 Restaurants in San Bruno
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 25 May 2015

This restaurant has a very long menu and is always crowded in the evening. I've had the BBQ pork and roast duck over rice; both were above average - the pork was lean and tender and the duck had a great crackling skin. The braised beef is also very good, either over rice or as a soup with noodles. The chow fun was only "OK", I've had better and I'm really picky about this comfort food. The only downside of the restaurant is the service, which is pretty much non-existent. It's difficult to flag a waiter down to take your order, tea is never refilled and it takes a long time to get the check.

Date of visit: May 2015
1  Thank Jazzudude2b

Reviewed 3 April 2015

A long time ago, a friend of ours said to us "if you want good, authentic Asian food, go where the Asians go". He was absolutely right. Fat Wong's prepares really delicious, authentic, beautiful food that is just a real pleasure to enjoy. Definitely worth going when you're in San Bruno.

Date of visit: November 2014
Reviewed 22 January 2015 via mobile

Ordered curry squid, the squid mustn't have been cooked long enough, I couldn't chew it. Congee has too much msg, texture was good though. The lemon honey water was not that good, I couldn't stir up the honey to get it properly mixed in the water. Food below average. Service was very good, clean restaurant.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Food was good and tasty. Service was good also. Was surprised by the amount you get and the noodles were good. Price was okay.

Date of visit: June 2014
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We had dinner he was a last minute choice. Was looking for Chinese food as it seemed to be a popular choice in San Bruno. As soon as we walked in we should have left the fish smell was overpowering. My partner was frustrated with the menu. She said it was a weird mix of Chinese/Korean and other things mixed in. I order vegetable fried rice and she ordered a beef dish. Neither of us was very happy with our food. We ate quickly and left mostly because of the smell. The other weird thing was they seated the two of us at a table for 6. Next thing you know 4 more people were sitting with us. There were other tables available. Didn't make sense to me!!!

Date of visit: September 2013