Lowest prices for your stay
US$125
Free cancellation until 03/07/21
PricelineUS$125
eDreamsUS$125
TravelocityUS$118
All reviews san francisco public transportation bart station room was clean and comfortable the ground floor room was large airport flight bathtub
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 August 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for a night on the way to Las Vegas.
It’s a decent motel with a pleasing and courteous staff. We arrived around 12pm (3 hours before the check in time) and they expedited the housekeeping to let us have our rooms in about an hour. In the meantime, one of them guided us to the closest mall for lunch.
The rooms are comfortably big and clean.
Breakfast is basic (DIY waffles, cereal and coffee / fruit drink).
The only issue with this motel is that it has no elevator, so if you have a huge bag, you need it haul it up the staircase. Also, the staircase is not shielded from the rain. Other than that, it’s a pleasant stay.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Ishita25
Reviewed 11 April 2019

I stay at the Regency a few nights per month when I am in SF on business. It is very convenient to the SF airport, walking distance to the CalTrain station and the BART station (though it is a bit of a hike to BART). It is an older property and well worn, but it is clean and well kept.

It is also walking distance to numerous restaurants in downtown San Bruno as well as the casino.

It's directly under the flight path so it can be a bit noisy depending on the wind direction. There's also a fair amount of street noise and you can hear the CalTrain. However the rooms are pretty well sound proofed and I've never had any trouble getting to sleep.

I'm a frequent repeat visitor so that says a lot.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
C W, General Manager at Regency Inn San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2019

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Regency Inn SFO in San Bruno. Your positive review is important to us as we strive to provide the best for our guests.We are Glad you have enjoyed our recently renovated rooms and we thank you for writing us your candid review!. We hope to see you on a return visit the the San Francisco area.

Reviewed 22 March 2019

I stayed for five nights during a trip to San Francisco from the UK and I couldn't have been happier with this choice of hotel. The hotel is a 2-3 minute walk from San Bruno CalTrain station and 10 minutes from the BART. An Uber / cab to the airport takes around five minutes.

I was initially apprehensive of aircraft noise after reading some views but I had no issues at all with this; the hotel doesn't appear to be under the main take-off flight path in the evening so between 21:00 - 23:00 I only ever heard a very small handful of planes taking off and it caused me no issues at all. There was very minimal road noise or noise from other guests.

That in mind, I found the beds extremely comfortable and I actually had the greatest five nights sleep I've had in years, I would have loved to have taken the bed home with me.

Cleanliness is well above the rate I'd expect for a budget hotel, it was obviously recently renovated - there was no dirt, grime, dust etc. Toiletries were provided along with tea, coffee, a microwave and fridge and a large TV.

Breakfast is included and was a small selection of cereal, toast and waffles.

Looking forward to staying again one day!

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2019

The location was perfect and the room was great. I was visiting Stanford, and the hotels actually near the campus were so much more expensive. This was walking distance to the CalTrain line, and also right by the airport (helpful since I flew in late at night). The room was nice and surprisingly large. I was not expecting a refrigerator and microwave, but there was one anyways, in addition to a (very basic) free breakfast. The desk was also very helpful. This hotel doesn't seem close to any major attractions, but it is easy to get from it to any major destinations. The experience was far better than I expected for the price ($130). It's definitely not a luxury hotel, but it's exceptional for basic accommodations. Also ask them about their airport shuttle, because I don't recall that being listed in the amenities. The only down side (probably the reason for the price) is that it's so close to the airport that you do hear all the planes coming in, so it can get quite loud--probably not great for light sleepers.

Room tip: Talk to the desk if you have strange plans and need travel advice or flexibility.
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
C W, General Manager at Regency Inn San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2019

Dear Valued Guest,
We are honored at the Regency Inn SFO in San Bruno to get your candid 5 star review on TripAdvisor!
We hope to be your only hotel of choice when traveling to the San Francisco area!
Once again thank you so much. We hope to see you on a return visit.

Reviewed 11 January 2019

Stayed one night on 9/1/19. Great for airport location. Only 5 minutes drive. Room is basic, and tidy. Has coffee and tea in room. Staff were very helpful. Breakfast was fine. Selection of cereals, toast, waffles etc. Plenty of restaurants within 5-10 min walk. Shopping mall about 15min walk. Hotel organised a free driver to the airport (plus tip) One night would be enough, if needing airport next morning.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
C W, General Manager at Regency Inn San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2019

Dear Valued Guest,
Once again thank you so much. We hope to see you on a return visit.