See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 October 2018

This property has been recently redone very tastefully. There is a memory foam bed which was VERY comfortable! There are a couple of basics that are missing however. There is no drawer storage available which is fine if one is staying only a night or two and one does not need to worry about forgetting something put into a drawer! There is also no tissues in the room and the ice machine was not operational. The property is well situated close to the airport, shopping and a wide range restaurants. One does hear the occasional jet overhead from the airport but ear plugs blocked it out completely. It is a well priced alternative to the more expensive airport hotels.

Room tip: There is no elevator so if climbing stairs is a problem, ask for a first floor room.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BayHillInnSanBruno, Hotel Manager at Bayhill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Hello Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Bayhill Inn,San Bruno.
Appreciate your feedback and telling us what you liked and what lacked during your stay.
We shall work further to improve the amenities and hospitality.
Hope to welcome you again soon,

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 21 April 2018

UNSAFE & UNSECURE!!!
Our car was severely damaged while staying here!!!
BEWARE OF THE BAYHILL INN's PARKING LOT!!!

We just spent 3 nights at the Bayhill Inn. The rooms are OK, albeit small, clean, and functional. The parking lot is also small, first come/first serve, and fills up very quickly.

Last night there were several large, white, commercial trucks parked in the Bayhill Inn's parking lot, taking up several of their narrow spaces. This morning we came out to discover that one of the white commercial trucks had backed directly into our silver VW sedan, then took off (talk about ghetto), leaving its white paint scraped all over on the rear of our car along with several thousand dollars of damage!!!

We talked to the manager, who was VERY unhelpful, and he said his son would review their security camera footage to find the recording of the incident that occurred on their property. He later said they did not find anything. Seriously?!?!?!

We now stay in the area in motels/hotels on a regular basis (while our SF house is being renovated). We honestly would not recommend the Bayhill Inn!!!

Room tip: Most, if not all, of the rooms are seriously noisy from the heavy street traffic outside. Choose a corner room, if possible.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank SlyCoverGuy
BayHillInnSanBruno, Hotel Manager at Bayhill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Dear Guest,

We’re pleased that you took the time to comment on our hotel so that we can respond to your concerns. I apologize that your car was damaged while you were in town, an incident I hope you reported to the police. Our cameras did not show any incident while you were here, I’m afraid. Everything we do is aimed at improving the guest experience, and we obviously let you down in some ways with our response and service. When you’re in the area again, we invite you to try us again. You can expect a much better experience in the future because we’re improving in many way every day.

Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

I had to book the hotel at the last moment. The price was high for the things provided. In addition, I got a very bad internet connection in my room, which was a real bummer. The only good thing is it is close to mall and bart station.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Rahul P
BayHillInnSanBruno, Webmaster at Bayhill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such candid feedback of your stay. I am very sorry to hear that your stay did not meet expectations. I will share your comments appropriately with our team.

Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

From the outside the Inn looks very good! It looks inviting! We came here late in the evening after a flight from the Netherlands! The guy at the reception was friendly but he wasn't very motivated!
Our room was big, clean and modern!
The only critical note was the wall in our room, it was clear that this wall was broken before and they fixed it, but not in a nice way!
It was the first thing you saw when you walked in the room!
But hey, it was probably only this room, and the rest of the room looks good! So I would definitely stay here again, when I'm looking for a place to sleep close to the airport!

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BayHillInnSanBruno, Webmaster at Bayhill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2017

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your kind comments about our friendly hotel, our clean big rooms and the exterior and interior of the hotels. I’m pleased we could satisfy you. We’ll take your comment regarding the broken wall into consideration as we change and improve. Nothing is more important than satisfying guests, and I’m so pleased we could satisfy you.

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

I had read reviews about the place being noisy due to traffic but we decided to take our chances. The noise didn't bother me at all. The room was clean and basic. The shower was difficult as it sprayed out onto the floor very easily but that would be my only complaint. The bed was comfortable and we slept well. The place is located less than a 10 minute walk to the BART station so it's super easy to get to downtown SF. Free parking on site felt safe and the neighbourhood felt clean and safe. Staff was accommodating when we requested to check out a day in advance of our original booking due to a change of plans. Would recommend this hotel to others if you're looking for budget friendly lodging in the SF area.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
BayHillInnSanBruno, webmaster at Bayhill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for your kind words about our hotel. I’m glad you had a pleasant experience and would recommend us to others. We take real pride in the property and hope it shows in everything we do. I hope you will be able to stay with us again soon.