“Danger! Stay away !!!”

Motel 6 San Bernardino South
Ranked #22 of 33 Hotels in San Bernardino
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed 2 of the longest nights of my life. We had booked online so had no idea what awaited us there . It was a constant worry the ENTIRE TIME . If you have family and / or kids stay away from this area as it is dangerous! There are homeless people EVERYWHERE . They were searching ( cops ) and arresting hookers outside right beside our car ! Omg ! There were men with flashing masks on drugged out of their minds in and out yelling at us when they saw us . One lady even yelled at me that I was standing in her spot or something like that when I was getting my clothes out of the vehicle . There was no bath only a shower and the room was filthy not to mention we paid like 100 bucks per night. Just shy of it. The floor was so nasty when you walked your feet would stick to it and make a crackling noise with every step! I kept something to defend myself with in my hands the ENTIRE weekend and the San Bernardino police dept pulled up on messenger JUST IN CASE. We have left in a situation like this once in Nebraska after only an hour or so but due to already booking for the ENTIRE weekend we toughed it out . Housekeeping could barely speak English although she did seem kind. She took my towels and said she would bring more when those were washed as they didn't have more then but she never returned the entire stay! It's basic and I mean extreme basic here but that's not the problem the problem is the crowd surrounding the property. I pray you'll take heed to this warning . That's one more dangerous area to be in ....we travel months at a time and stay on the road. I am experienced in this area . You shouldn't even attempt it with family or children. Just thankful to have made it out of the area . I understand that certain types of people can really change the dynamics of an area and sometimes it's due to no control of the establishment but I'm almost even shocked that a motel will at this point allow their name to be associated with such a dangerous place . The police are seen constantly on premises so they are definitely aware and trying to do their part but the managers or whatever of this motel NEED to REALLY STEP IT UP because it was obvious that alot of the thugs aka pimps, drug dealers and etc ARE LIVING THERE on site!!!!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank bamagirl42

Reviewed 27 April 2017

This Motel 6 is essentially what it says it's going to be. A bed, a TV, a bathroom and a shower. Modest is a gentle word -- stark is more precise. The bed was a double, a rarity these days. There was morning coffee in the front office. Essentially, it promises overnighters that the price is low, and it delivers that. My recommendation is to spend an extra $20 and be sure to get a much nicer place. The best news was that we could have our two 8-pound Yorkies and our 25-pound Cocker Spaniel with us, at no extra cost.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 November 2016

I stayed at this Motel 6 on Redlands Blvd. in San Bernardino, Ca. a last week during my road trip to California from New Jersey. The staff there were really great during the entire check in, stay and check out process! The rooms were average but what can one expect from a motel that offers a comfortable nights sleep for a low price? The front reception area featured coffee as well as a microwave and vending machines for the early morning, middle of the day and late night travelers. Yes, there were many shady characters at this location but i did not have any negative interactions with any of them which is a plus for me!

Sometimes negative energy attracts negative interactions, i treated everyone equally friendly and they responded in the same manner. Overall, my stay was great and if i were ever in the San Bernardino, Ca. area again, i would definitely stay at this location!

Room Tip: Be friendly with everyone but STAY ALERT!!!
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2016

I would never plan to stay at a Motel 6 nor would I ever under other circumstances stay in a smoking room.

But at 5pm with an event to be at by 8pm this Saturday, the hotel we had booked was overbooked by 10 rooms and we were s*** outta luck 8 hours from home in 100 degree heat.

The check-in process was easy enough, with the hotel requesting IDs for all guests and being adamant any other guests would incur additional fees.

Parking was easy but there aren't many shady spots so prepare to get into an oven every time you want to drive somewhere.

The room was very small and like the one other smoking room I've been into in my life (and promptly cried until my dad got the hotel to cancel the room and refund him - I was 9!!), the familiar, stomach-churning aroma of stale cigarette smoked mixed with way, way too much air freshener greeted us forcefully. At least the faux-hardwood floors can't trap odor the way carpet can. The room had a decent size flat tv mounted on the wall, a lame shelf/desk combo with a cheap IKEA chair, one mirror besides the bathroom, and no fridge, microwave, or safe. The room keys randomly worked or didn't work.

The bathroom was small and the shower was your standard grimy cheap-hotel shower. Surprisingly, the water got warm and the pressure was totally satisfactory. I wish I'd brought sandals to wear in the shower though. The light in the bathroom had a fan that comes on whenever it's on, but the fan really didn't do anything to help with steam anytime someone took a shower. Also, the bathroom had no tissues, only toilet paper, and the soap provided were tiny bars (no shampoo or lotion provided). It's a Motel 6 though, you can't expect much more. If you are a smoker, this room is great for you with a total of 3 ashtrays! One is under the tv, one on the nightstand, and one in the bathroom if you just can't get through a shower or poop without a drag. I think this hotel only has smoking rooms, or at least that's all that was available.

The hotel was pretty noisy all night (not people noise like talking so much as thumps and bumps from unidentified sources). I had to sleep on the floor on a sleeping bag on top of a blanket and when I got up in the morning, the floor underneath me was wet and the bottom layer blanket was damp on the side that had been touching the floor. I don't want to think too much about that besides no layers anywhere near me were at all moist.

At about $120, this room was way overpriced, but at the last second we had no real other options. The room didn't get broken into, nor did our cars in the lot, and it appears, two days later, none of us are sick or have any mysterious spots on our skin, so it couldn't have been that bad. In a pinch, it worked, but I hope this is my only stay in a Motel 6 and also in a smoking room.

Room Tip: Request 2nd floor for safety (probably an insignificant difference) and west side for less sun/not a...
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2016

Although the guy at front desk was pleasant, we were given a room in the very back of the motel. The bedspread had spots on it and the bed was hard. We had only one size each of the towels. There were two ice machines, one was broken, the other was empty. When asked if we could get more ice we were told it had to be refilled, which never happened. In the morning at check out I couldnt help but notice that the majority of the people staying on the back side of the motel were African American. It was like they put us all in the very back of the motel. There was a couple with clothes and belongings piled in their car, sleeping in the car. I will not stay at this motel again.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room in the area you prefer, otherwise not sure where they will put you.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple