“Cool and quirky Route 66 motel”
Review of Wigwam Motel

Wigwam Motel
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in San Bernardino
Reviewed 20 November 2017

Route 66 provides many and plenty of options to stay at reliable and trusted chain motels where you know what you're going to get. That's great but its also boring....you won't show your friends/family your USA road trip photo's to hear "that Best Western motel looks great". However, Wigwam Motel is exactly the sort of independent, boutique motel that makes a Route 66 holiday something to remember. This is a cool and quirky stop-off, it may be only concrete wigwam you'll ever stay in so DO IT! I am surprised at some of the comments left on this site about the staff/owner.....I guess it depends on what sort of person you are and how accepting you are of other people. Kumar the owner is a down with the kids California dude who has clearly worked hard to make this place what it is, we both found him to be a great host and very welcoming. It's a little out of town so needs a drive to get to restaurants etc, however since you're on a roadtrip that's fine.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Wigwam Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

London_G_and_T,

Thank you so much for staying at the Wigwam Motel. We want you to feel like family and if our staff is making you feel this welcomed and at home, then we know we're doing our job! We hope to impress you again during your next visit and we thank you for sharing your
experience.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

So I was equally as excited as I was nervous about staying here. I've read terrible reviews online about the guy who runs the place being crazy, aggressive and what not...
First of, the positives:
- The tepees are as fun and quirky as you hope they would be.They're very unique, glad we stayed here just for that reason.
- The rooms are surprisingly spacious, impressive!
- The room and outside area were very clean, cudos.
- the rooms are well equipped
Now on to the negatives:
- yes, this guy is crazy... I entered the front desk office, and I put on my most friendly face and still, first thing he did was to try and create a confrontation. He said some offensive and out of context stuff, I'm not going to repeat it. He was clearly looking for a reaction on my part, and I didn't give him one. I pretended to be a ignorant European not getting the context. He was rude and an absolute a-hole throughout the check in proces. But I had decided upfront that I wasn't going to let it get to me.
- do not drink the water from the bathroom sink, you can't see through a glass of water, its full of chalk.

We are a couple with no children, I would never take kids to this place, with the manager being so weird and crazy.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Robin C

Robin C,

Your review is greatly appreciated, though it is very disappointing to learn of the bad impression we made with the state of our accommodations. I am sorry for any rudeness that you encountered with this situation and I assure you that your comments have been addressed with our entire staff and management team to ensure that no similar incident occurs in the future. It is through feedback like yours that we are able to quickly address housekeeping,maintenance, and staff courtesy issues. I do thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and I assure you that we are correcting this issue for improved convenience in future visit. Kind regards.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Loved staying at the Wigwam. Kumar made us feel welcome and gave us ideas where to eat and shop. Was our last stop before Santa Monica pier. Would recommend for anyone looking for nostalgia with comfort.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

JimLaura66,

We are overjoyed to discover the positive impression we made with our service and hospitality. I have shared your compliments with our staff and thank you for giving me the opportunity to recognize them for a job well done! Your recommendation is truly appreciated and
hope that your next visit will be another five star experience.

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

We were gutted not to be able to stay in the wigwams in Holbrook so desperately wanted to stay here and were not disappointed. We had a great check in and no issues that others reported, the wigwam was amazing and a great experience. Room was clean and spacious. Extra pillows and coffee maker would be s nice touch but not something that would affect our stay or eating. Loved it and we both slept amazing well.

We went out to Chris's burgess and local liquor store and didn't feel unsafe at all.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Amanda H,

What a splendid review! Thank you for your kind remarks regarding our high standards of cleanliness and we were able to give you a comfortable experience. We would love to have you back and we do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

We arrived evening, the front desk guy was not so friendly, "at last arrived the last guest" feeling.
The room was clean, but A/C was noisy. The shower need some renovation, or at least a full cleaning.
The are seemed not to safe at night, so we stayed at the room, but slept well. Check out was ok.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Bejke,

Thank you for rating your recent experience at our hotel. We strive to give you a great experience, and I am pleased to learn that we were able to meet your expectations in many ways; though I regret to hear that you weren't thoroughly impressed with our staff and air conditioner . We appreciate your rating and are very glad that this annoyance didn't detract too much from your overall experience with us. We are working to take care of all of the issues that you addressed and we thank you for taking the time to share your experience.