See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 October 2017

I stay in about 18~24 different hotels throughout each calendar year, so I consider myself somewhat well versed in what is and what is not a "quality" hotel. This, most assuredly, is the most atrocious hotel in which I have had the misfortune to stay.
We arrived late, so as to witness what appeared to be various clandestine "transactions" for both goods and services occurring in and around the hotel and parking lot.
Staff was unbelievably rude upon check-in and there was an altercation with another patron and staff when I was checking out, where the comments I witness from staff were beyond the pale.
The credit card machine will not accept chipped cards, only magnetic swipe.They like taking cash though after the tell you the machine won't work!
The room keys, for more than just my room, those of at least 5 of my fellow travelers stopped working after one day, even though we were booked for 2. The comment from the rude staff was "Oh, I guess we should have keyed the cards for both days." Gee, ya think?
The toilet ran constantly, and the lid fell off.
The tub did not drain, and there was black mold all around the tub and on the curtain.
The breakfast was terrible, when there was even breakfast available! The refilling of the various items was slow, at best.
Maid service was pathetic, no towels refreshed, trash not emptied, water still in the ice bucket.
There were many homeless partaking of the breakfast, and the confrontations between the staff and homeless people would have been amusing if it were not so frightening.
AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!

Room Tip: There is no such thing as a good room at this hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Erik C
RamsFan99, Manager at Quality Inn San Bernardino, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

We appreciate your comments and we do apologize you experienced issues during your stay. We will review the specifics of your stay and we encourage all guests to contact the front desk during their stay so all matters can be addressed. We value your opinion and we will be reaching out to you to discuss this matter further.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Any worse and I would have left.

The girls working the desk at check-in and in the morning were friendly and well spoken. They were all very professional.

My first impression was the elevator which was dirty inside and the buttons looked like they were burned. I really hated to touch them. When I got to my room, there was a penciled note on the door indicating that you needed to lift the handle up because it wouldn't work going down. After hitting the door with my shoulder to get it open I went in to find a bureau whose drawer wouldn't remain closed. I turned on the AC and the door fell off (the rest of the cover was fractured). Had to pin the curtain together with toothpicks to get any privacy. The lamp between the beds was missing. The typical Do Not Disturb and other signs etc. were missing entirely.

Fortunately the beds appeared to be clean and bug-free...I didn't wake up scratching anyway.

The handle on the bathroom door was loose and there were four unused screw holes stuffed with toilet paper on the back of the door. Be careful when you flush as the handle sticks down. The showers were all plumbed backwards so you had to turn the handles the wrong way for hot water- You will figure this out after 10 minutes waiting for the water to get hot.

There were, maybe, 6 to 10 channels on the TV but that's okay, cable/satellite TV is all crap anyway. The wifi worked fine enough.

Next day we got back from our first event and found that one bed had been made but not the other. When we returned from the evening event, I found a stack of towels on the table just inside the door, not put away (My friend found a similar stack of towels in his room). My roommate's bed still wasn't made.

There was trash on the balcony/walkway that the maids could have picked up, but didn't.

Breakfast...well, the sausage was good, when there was any. The eggs were industrial. When they run out of coffee, sausage and eggs you will wait a long time for them to be restocked. The little danishes will keep you from starving while you wait.

The tweaker, that had to be thrown out of the breakfast room by the desk clerk, was quite charming.

Would I stay here again? Oh HELL no!

Room Tip: Pay more and choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank jameskW3187PX
RamsFan99, Manager at Quality Inn San Bernardino, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

We apologize that your stay was not as smooth as it should have been, we will share your comments with all of our departments to make the necessary changes. We encourage all our guests to let us know during your stay of any things that we can do to make your stay a more enjoyable one. We value our guests and we try to provide the best stay possible for all our guests.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Terrible hotel.
Small room. Hard bed with flat worn out pillows.
Mini fridge barely worked.
TV remote was broken.
Shower sucked and water barely got cold.
There were bugs in my room.
Carpet was dirty so my feet turned black.
Supposed to be a smoking room but no ash tray.
Ac unit didn't function properly and the air had a musty funny smell.
Another typical poorly ran choice property. Don't waste your money or in my case a free night here.
This hotel needs a remodel and cleaning.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank HotelGuruGirl
RamsFan99, Manager at Quality Inn San Bernardino, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

We appreciate your comments and we do apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. We do our best to ensure all of our guests have a great stay. We have addressed the concerns we spoke about and we hope you give us another chance in the future. We have recently installed new carpeting, new bedding and in the process of installing new televisions.

Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

The room was spacious and the bed was comfortable, however the Internet did not work and there were few channels to choose from (in fact, the cable news channel which I desired to watch was unavailable--though I called the front desk and the receptionist told me that she would inform her manager about my concerns, but neither of them returned my call nor was the problem resolved).

I have stayed at this hotel before, but after this experience, I'll go to another hotel--even at higher rates. The manager should hire a "quality" person to go from room to room to make sure everything works, and if not, then to make sure that repairs are completed so that every guest will enjoying fully functioning services.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Skemcho56
RamsFan99, General Manager at Quality Inn San Bernardino, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2017

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am glad that the room was up to your standards and I apologize about the WiFi not working. When we are extremely busy with many users the WiFi can get spotty, we are always trying to find ways to increase our bandwidth. We hope to see you again in the future and perhaps we can add the news channel you were looking for as well.

Reviewed 31 October 2016

I need to say it again: today hotels and motels MUST invest money in putting in wifi that is fast and that doesn't a)not work b)move slower than snails mugging a turtle. I often will give five stars to a hotel that within its category has it right. This hotel is a NICE hotel. A very friendly staff. It had a Quality Inn hot breakfast which means it's not just a soggy "continental breakfast" (exactly what continent serves cardboard danishes and cheap coffee with powder instead of milk?). The breakfast here is a good, basic hot breakfast. The room is very comfortable. So what if the TVs are older...a good selection of channels. The bed was nice. HOwever, the wifi showed up as having a lot of bars but was unuseable. Perhaps the wifi installed here was the Internet originally invented by Al Gore. Yes, I DO understand that at some hotels if you have a lot of guests the wifi quality goes down. However, I do urge all motels to make sure they have wifi that works at least fairly well since it is no longer a perk but a right that travelers feel they must have. Would I stay here again? YES. But I would specifically ASK FOR a room with good wifi -- which is what I suggest any travelers do. I get most of my business as an entertainer via emails and I own a major centrist weblog. I could do nothing on the wifi in my room, although it showed up fast enough.

Room Tip: If you need wifi CALL AND ASK to make sure they put you in a GOOD room!
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Joe G
RamsFan99, General Manager at Quality Inn San Bernardino, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2016

Thank you very much for your comments...we do appreciate them. I am glad that your stay was a good one and we are happy to hear you will stay with us again in the future. Our WiFi is being looked at for a possible upgrade, in the past the physical location of the hotel has been the barrier to getting larger bandwidth. We will do our best to make sure we are providing the items our guests look for in choosing a hotel...see you soon.