“Great Views”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Great place to have a beer or enjoy happy hour and put your feet up and watch the valley below, quiet and serene on most days. Lots of options to enjoy for dinner or snacks. I always have a good time and will continue to enjoy for years to come.

Castaway S, General Manager at Castaway Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Thank you so much for joining us at Castaway! We appreciate you taking the time to review us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 20 August 2018

One of the best brunches ever! Great variety. Separate omelette station. Central carving station. Lots of salads and veggies. Multiple beef (ribs, roast, and prime rib), shrimp and salmon, pork chili verde, and much more. Great desserts: flan, pies, cakes and more. Not to mention bottomless champagne. Boy or boy.

Located on the top of a hill with a great view of the valley. Plenty of parking. Great service. Izzie was always there with whatever you wanted. In shor: Fantastic

Castaway S, General Manager at Castaway Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Wow, thank you so much! So are pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed yourself! We'll be sure to share this awesome review with the staff, especially Izzy, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

I’ve gone to this restaurant since I was a child. The service has always been good, food is good, view is great. The restaurant could use some updates inside, very outdated.

Castaway S, General Manager at Castaway Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Thank you Amy for being such a loyal guest! We appreciate you and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 22 July 2018

We attended a Wedding there and found that although the property was nice as far as views the service was far below the view. The wedding was at 5 PM and the ceremony as most was short. The hotel knew the wedding was coming for months in advance and we found that the room was not even close to ready at the end of the ceremony, 100 guests were left to wait in a hallway for the room to be ready. The beer served at the bar was warm and we had to stand in a very long line and invade another party that was going on in the room.

Thank you for your feedback, we always encourage our guest to reach out to us, and in return we share all reviews with the team to better ourselves or give thanks. I feel I should mention we are not a hotel and perhaps you have mistaken us for another location? If not, again, we appreciate your feedback and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 12 July 2018

I was hesitant to book Castaway after readings various reviews all over the internet both from before the renovation and after. I decided to bite the bullet and book it simply because of the view.

We arrived on time for our reservation and only had to wait a short while to get a window seat as I had requested on the reservation. The only downside to this restaurant is that we sat for about 30 minutes before a server came over. From what I gathered there was a misunderstanding of who was supposed to serve us. Eventually we had a server (sadly I cannot remember his name as this was a few weeks ago) but he was great in helping us decide what to get to eat. It was a memorable time for sure!

I had gone the extra mile to book our date night to coincide with the sunset and it was absolutely beautiful. I will definitely be returning to Castaway the next time I am in Los Angeles. It was the perfect end to a weekend visit!

Been to Castaway Restaurant? Share your experiences!