See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 April 2018

The location is close to the freeway and on a busy road so it was a bit noisy. However, I am a very light sleeper. Check-in/out was easy and front desk staff was friendly. Room was clean and they have recently refreshed the rooms.

The hotel is close to restaurants. All in all, a decent stay.

Room Tip: No elevator so if you cannot do stairs, you will need 1st floor.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 January 2018

Management went above and beyond accommodating us, as I have a child with special needs. I'm extremely selective and stubborn about where I stay. It Must be clean, quiet, new looking and smelling, no trash outside, not a lot of crazy loud traffic from other inconsiderate guests. I don't even like random pedestrians walking through the parking lot where I'm keeping my vehicle parked because it's hard to tell if they're looking for a car to break into or a real guest. This place is tucked into a corner so there's no riff raff walking through the property which helped me sleep like a baby through the night along with that great mattress! Econolodge surprised me greatly by exceeding my astringent needs and expectations. The rooms are very similar to Marriott and the Hyatt in decor and cleanliness. However, the mini fridge is the most Awesome I've ever seen even in 5 Star resorts! This fridge is like a designer fridge and the most efficient I've ever seen for holding more than I've ever seen and neatly! The fridge has got to be a brand new model and that would be the one I would buy for my home but in a much larger size. Seems all is new, like the TV, microwave, and bed (including a mattress that I didn't want to get up from). The deposit is the lowest I've ever seen, $20, and for such a nice room. I seen this hotel on hotels dot com first and the price of $70 was just right for me. I looked at other hotels for that price and the were Disgusting! My trip here was to visit my grandfather who would be going home to the Lord soon but now I'm also hear for his funeral. I was a little late getting back to the hotel at checkout time and they didn't charge me any fees for that either. I stayed another few nights for the funeral and at least here with this incredible staff, in this quiet corner, with a continental breakfast, it made a hard situation far better for us. I don't easily refer businesses because I'm such a perfectionist and to me, everything can always be cleaner, but this is the only place my son and I will ever stay in when visiting family here in San Bernardino. The General Manager Sam, (I thought he was the owner because they care is as if this hotel belongs to them personally) he is so pleasant, easy to talk to, and professional. I recommend speaking to him directly, you won't regret it. Oh and other hotels for this price didn't even have great HD or HBO but it does here! Safe Travels everyone!

Room Tip: Speak to Sam the General Manager, he is a Wonderful Professional and accommodating!
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 November 2017

I am an employee through Choice Hotels. I had flown to San Bernardino on Emergency and booked a reservation through my Employee Discount Rate at this location due to the financial burden of flying across the country unexpectedly right before the holidays. Upon my arrival, I was greeted by the front desk employee who opened my reservation looking very confused about the $35 rate I had. Soon enough, he went to the back and called forth who I am assuming was the General Manager Sanjay. She then told me that she was unable to honor the reservation I had because the properties discounted rates are suppose to be closed on the weekends. She then tried to tell me that it was a glitch in the system and that it was not suppose to be open. She then said she could not check me in under that rate. She told me she would have to charge me a full price of $120 plus tax. I told her that it IS open and even pulled it up on my phone showing them. She then tried to suggest that it was my Manager's fault for booking a reservation at their hotel, when I was the one who made the reservation myself through the discount portal with their location CLEARLY open with multiple rooms available at the Employee discounted rate. I felt as though she thought I did not understand the procedures, and was trying to talk me in circles to make it seem as though there was nothing she could do to compensate me. Literally seconds after I left the window I tried to look for another room with my discount and their property was now missing from the list of choices. THEY OBVIOUSLY CLOSED THEIR PROPERTY AFTER I TRIED CHECKING IN. She essentially FORCED me to stay at another location (a motel that was absolutely horrifying)because she did not honor my reservation. I genuinely felt as though she did NOT want to honor my $35 rate because she could sell the room for a substantially higher rate. What they did here was wrong in every way imaginable. Also, when I finally felt defeated I called Choice Reservations to help me cancel my reservation. When Choice Reservations tried to contact the location they did not answer the phone (mind you I am still on the property watching them not pick up the phone). After the gentlemen told me he could not get through to them, I asked him to help me find a new location. When I was finished I went to the window to ask Sanjay to cancel my reservation manually. She refused to cancel it when I asked and insisted she would not charge me. I told her I wanted a hard copy of the cancellation letter that they SHOULD ALWAYS PROVIDE FOR THE CUSTOMER, specially considering the circumstances. She then told me she would email me the Cancellation Letter. She did NOT. I never received any documentation of the cancellation from this property. I finally left after I felt there was no getting through to her and went on my way.

This type of customer service is absolutely unacceptable. Even if the property was SUPPOSED to be closed, the General Manager should have honored the rate I booked the room for through the portal, and THEN AFTER tried to figure out why the reservation still had processed by calling property support. This caused me and my family much heart ache and additional stress during a very difficult time of almost losing my mother in the hospital. There was no type of sympathy, no type of concern to make the guest feel welcomed or satisfied, nothing. Simply nothing but what felt like excuses and a whole lot of discrimination against my reservation rate because they wanted to make an extra dollar on a room that is not worth $120.

Room Tip: Do not bother booking a room, the will not honor your rate if they don't want to.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Sanjay M, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Dear Mr. Moncado
Our sincere apologies for how your reservation was handled by us. We welcome all Choice employees to our property and have even made friends with some of them during their visit with us. Allow me explain how things transpired with your reservation as you may not have all the information about it , hence your frustration and aggravation towards my employee. We had timeously blacked out the SED rate plan for all allotted dates , one of them being the day of your arrival. This is why you saw the front desk associate confused when you arrived. How you were able to book that rate plan for that date is beyond us. We had this "black out date/restriction " verified by property support while you were here with us . As a norm , and in understanding of your predicament , we offered you an alternative in the way of a different room type ( at a discount of the BAR rate ) but you declined. With regard to the cancellation ,Choice reservations were able to get a hold of us and asked that the reservation cancellation request by you be cancelled without penalty ,to which we agreed .
Guest service /relations is more important to us than revenue management and we regret that your experience with us did not meet your expectations . We wish your Mom a speedy recovery and hope that you will consider us on your future visits to San Bernardino.
Kind regards
Reshma M
909.884.4488

Reviewed 16 October 2017

My girlfriend and I have had a great experience with this hotel, they are always caring and considerate, always asking if everything is in tip top shape, the cleaning ladies always make sure our room is serviced and we have everything we need, will definitely be coming back

Room Tip: We did just fine in room 209
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank James B
Sanjay M, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Thank you James for taking the time to review us. It was a pleasure hosting you and Allison. We are delighted that your experience with us was great and hope to see you back soon.