“meh! not the greatest. ”

Orange Show Inn San Bernardino
Ranked #21 of 33 Hotels in San Bernardino
Reviewed 19 May 2016 via mobile

I knew this was going to be your typical freeway off ramp hotel/motel so I wasn't expecting royalty. The parking lot is small, but we arrived early and managed to find parking. They offered us 2 neighboring rooms on the first floor, which was nice. However, our room keys kept giving us a hard time and we had to keep going to the office to get them programmed again. Which was a hassle when we'd arrive back to our room after a long day. Our TVs kept losing signal as well, management had to come to our rooms to reset it atleast twice. Also, we were set up in non-smoking rooms and they smelled so much like cigarette smoke. The pool was small but seemed to be very clean. Like I said hotel is your basic roadside hotel but at their charge rate you'd think the rooms wouldn't give you such a hassle. Another upside though was the Mexican food restaurant next door, great food!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 November 2015

Stayed here for a week, the wifi did not work that well and the strength was no good. Kept losing signal. The continental breakfast was just muffin and coffee. Was disappointed with that. I did not expect a full English, but expected more than a muffin. The room however was comfortable but it needed refurbishing . The pool is in the corner of the parking lot, not ideal and did not use. Would not stay again. But at the end of the day, you do get what you pay for

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2015

Based on the majority of the reviews I've seen for this motel, I thought this would be a nice place to stay while I was in the San Bernardo area. The motel is older, I understood that, but I was under the impression that it had been/was in the process of being renovated. It was not. I'm not one of the snobs that takes off points for outdated decor or funky wallpaper, but I do expect that the room has been maintained and this room has not been maintained. The door was extremely difficult to open. After finally getting the door open, I saw why. It look like the door has been kicked in sometime recently and the frame was hammered back rather than being repaired properly. I could see where the molding was still separated from the frame and it wan't even painted over. The carpet was frayed at the entryway and transition to the bathroom area, but worse than that was the carpet was in desperate need of cleaning to the point I was not willing to walk on it in bare feet. The shower head was also in disrepair. While using the shower, it was spraying water over the top of the shower curtain and all over the bathroom. I had to dry off the toilet and floor after taking a short shower. The dresser in the room also looked odd when I first walked into the room. When I looked closer at it I saw that the top of the dresser had been sawed off (yes, sawed off) and a piece of plywood with rough edges was fastened on the top with drywall screws. There was no coffee maker in the room as stated in their list of amenities. Coffee is very important to my wife first thing in the morning. When I went to the office to check out their breakfast, and get some coffee, I was also disappointed. Their "free breakfast" consisted of a total of 8 packaged muffins, a small coffee pot and no newspapers, as also stated in their list of amenities. I didn't see anything I would consider a health hazard as some people have reported, but I also didn't see the same motel that some people have raved about. When we got into the room, we were tired and just wanted to go to sleep, so we the condition of the room wasn't that big of a concern and we were leaving early the next morning. To their credit, the bed was comfortable, the staff was friendly and it wasn't over priced.

Room Tip: Some reviews I've seen said the rooms were clean and updated, our room wasn't that clean and...
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Philip D
Reviewed 14 August 2015 via mobile

This is just a cheap motel in a far off place. But.... I pay the lowest price in LA county for a room with: non-noizy airco, microwave, fridge, coffee, shampoo, good beds, very, very friendly staff, big mall and camping shops around the corner, close to highway 10 etc..
Only downer: hair in sink and in bed. Could this be accdent? Well, yes or no, i don't care. This is a great place to start your journey!!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Ingmar69
Reviewed 27 June 2015

Within ten minutes of being here there was a roach crawling up the desk. Bed messy, WiFi doesn't work fixtures rotten and service was unprofessional. If you care about your health don't stay here stay in your car

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family