“Extortion of too-tired-to-fight-it traveler” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Americas Best Value Inn San Bernardino

Americas Best Value Inn San Bernardino
Ranked #13 of 31 Hotels in San Bernardino
Los Angeles, California
“Extortion of too-tired-to-fight-it traveler”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2011

Not only will I NEVER stay here again, I will warn everyone I can to stay at your own peril. I secured my reservation online, using the discount bullet of AAA, since that gave the best discount. I printed out my confirmation, which included the price (including all taxes) in big, black, bold numbers at the top. After driving for several hours at night, I arrived at the hotel and went to the office to check in. I was told that I was going to have to pay an extra $65 or I wasn't going to be allowed to check in. Even though I showed the clerk my confirmation with the price on it, she spent the next 15 minutes on the phone with someone (speaking in Farsi so I couldn't understand what was being said) debating whether or not to let me check in. Only after I threatened to call the police because they were extorting me did they let me check in. The entire family gathered from the back room (where they live apparently) and made a point to stare at me the entire time I removed my luggage and got into my room. (That wasn't creepy at all)

It was pointless to try to explain to them that there's no way someone can manipulate the price online; it just tabulates it automatically. Even though I was furious, I was too exhausted to try to find another room at another hotel at the late hour, especially given that I had to leave very early in the morning as it was.

Room Tip: stay at your own risk
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank inkslinger999

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Anaheim, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2011

Pros: clean rooms, boy was I surprised! I am usually very picky about a clean room. New furniture & carpet in my room.
Rooms looked like they were recently renovated. Room included fridge & microwave, Flat screen TV with several premium channels like Spike, ESPN 2. All rooms are first floor.
THough it was downtown, it was very quiet at night.
Internet worked well. No choppy service.

Cons: Bed was stiff as a board. I never slept on a mattress that firm in all my years of travelling. I didn't ask for a roomchange or a cot.

Just the bare basics, no coffee machine. No special shampoo samples.

Room Tip: all rooms are 1st floor.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
abvisb, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn San Bernardino, responded to this review, 28 April 2011
Thank you for sharing your feedback with future guests. We are happy that you felt the room was clean and of good value. It is our goal to provide well maintained and clean rooms. We are proud our our decor and newer amenities and we were dissapointed that you found the bed unsatisfactory, we would have changed your room immediately had you let us know. We look forward to your return and allowing us another chance to show our hospitality.
Management
4.4 km away
Comfort Inn & Suites Colton
13.3 km away
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Fontana

Been to Americas Best Value Inn San Bernardino? Share your experiences!