“Yummy food and great choices”

MH Bread and Butter
Ranked #1 of 5 Bakeries in San Anselmo
Reviewed 21 October 2016

Stopped in here for a good lunch after a long hike. Food was great. We enjoyed salad, egg sandwich, soup--all excellent. Cookies were also delicious. Only drawback is the popularity and the 'order-at-the-counter-and-find a seat' format. Pretty crowded and we (three of us) were lucky to find a seat.

1  Thank Noni314

Reviewed 13 July 2016

Everything on the menu is freshly prepared. The sandwiches are amazing on their owned baked bread. In addition, they make their own kombucha.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

This place can get crowded during the weekends and can be overrun with kids and dogs but they have awesome bread, good salads, decent pastries, and okay coffee.

I recommend the walnut bread but you probably have to get their early to get it. Also, check the hours as they are closed on Tuesdays and sometimes hours change.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

I love the food here, and I think the coffee is fine. But my good friend absolutely will not go there because she does not like the coffee -- says it is never served hot enough for her. The breads are fabulous, and I often go there just to buy breads and pastries to take home.

Reviewed 20 April 2016

I'm a pastry snob. And I have to say that MH Bread and Butter offers one of the best Chocolate Croissants I have ever had! I haven't tried anything else, but I love the look of their breads and lunch items - everything looks delicious - give them a try!