See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 May 2017

The room may have new chairs and carpet and new drapes.........but the drapes DON'T COVER THE WINDOW! We had to rig a system to slam one of the chairs against one wall, hold the center together with a garbage can and twist the other side to the door handle! The property is in dire need of TLC, and we had the good room! Our friends were not so lucky with a room that was not renovated - and seemed to be in no hurry to get up to snuff. The maid(s) walked off the job so we returned 12 hours later to the room as we left it. (We needed to get the manager to use her master since our key card did not work.) Wet towels and no AC. It took an hour to get it all squared away and no one said boo about accommodating the $90 per night price. Fortunately for Black Bart it is only 1/2 motels in town. One would think they might try harder to keep guests returning. We usually spend a long weekend once a year up in California's Gold Country but we may rethink the location of our weekend getaway next year. But it did seem clean, which is always my first priority. And the AC works wonderfully. If you go, YOU MUST GET A RENOVATED ROOM!

Date of stay: May 2017
Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

Only positive aspect was the friendly lady in the office.
Room was dirty,bed full of hairs, floor not vacuumed, but the worst was the strong smell, disgusting. Had to wash my pyjama after sleeping there (as it made my next room smell badly aswell).
Try to avoid!!!

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank S2146NOmartinm
Reviewed 19 April 2015 via mobile

So this place is 1/2 the price of anything around and people rate it poorly. If you want to pay 150$ a night to place your head on a pillow and shower stay at the pricier digs. I have stayed and paid 5x Black Bart prices in other places (usually due to being one of only a few hotels in town) that offered the same level of accomadations. I had a nice sized clean room with a King-sized beg, TV w/cable, modern furniture with a table and chair, a luggage holder, shampoo, soap and large clean soft towels. Whats not to like about all that. Oh, you also might inquire about a discount at the fine dining restaurant. The NY steak was quite tasty and the cliental entertaining. Finally, the staff and management were very pleasant. Don't let the reviews scare you away. Ask for room 212 if available.

Date of stay: April 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank oldmansurfing
Reviewed 6 April 2015

The place didn't seem well maintained to me. The office is not staffed after 9 pm. You have to go to the bar around the corner to check in (you pay the bartender). Not overly clean, but I guess it was alright. The town seems to roll up the sidewalks after dark. I couldn't find anywhere to eat after we checked in (it was probably a little after 10 when I went looking). I think we paid $65 including taxes. The 3 star "average" rating I've given is a bit generous, but I didn't want to call the place "poor": It wasn't that bad, just not good.

Room tip: go somewhere else?
Date of stay: March 2015
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Spent on night. Checked in. The tv wouldn't work so the clerk moved us. Went to dinner at the inn. It was excellent. Went to our room, pull down the blanket to go to bed & the sheets were dirty & there was hair on the pillow. My daughter got clean sheets from the clerk and we changed the sheets ourselves. When we moved the bed to change the sheet there was paper, dust & chewed up sunflower seeds behind the bed. We called the clerk to look & he was upset with us for bothering him over another persons dirt. He offered to move us, but I was not going to be moved again, so I vacuumed the room. When I made coffee in the morning the pod from the previous user was still in the pot. CS Miller

Date of stay: January 2014