See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

This place is really noise-free, this area is close to good eats and the employees are awesome and super friendly, the ladies that clean the rooms are so nice and helpful. I love that the place. Lov it

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 December 2017

Motel 6 is a large chain and fortunately, almost all of its motels have been recently renovated. Hence rooms are simple but clean and relatively modern, with decently comfortbale beds. Price is simply the best you can get for a service of this level. Only two lowpoints are the not for free, poor-functioning WiFi, which is also difficult to connect to (you have to ask for a code at the reception and can only use for one device) and the total lack for breakfast. You can only get some coffee in the reception in the morning but after 9am, everything is already gone.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2017

The rate was great for a clean room. She only had a handicaped room on the ground floor. We actually thought it might be better and it was . We enjoyed our stay. We had room 104. It was newly remodeled.

Room tip: We enjoy the ground floor because you can park your car at the door.
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2017

Terrible! Super thin walls! Ugly rooms. Drive on and do not stop here! Low class hotel. We were so happy to leave and decided we will never ever stay at any Motel 6 properties - it's just terrible.
Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere better.

Reception girl looked annoyed but still was very friendly to us - poor girl to have to work in such a place.

Room tip: Drive on - don't stop!
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Salinas North - Monterey Area, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay due to any inconveniences you experienced which led to a low overall score. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 25 June 2017

My sister and I stayed here over the weekend. Not a pleasant experience. I give it 3 stars because the room was clean and they have a pool. Plus it's close to the freeway. However, starting right from check in, the girl at the front desk seemed uninterested. She barely acknowledged me when I walked in, even though I was the only person. I asked if they honor AARP discount, she said no, they stopped that program, okay. Next she asked if I wanted wifi service, I said yes. She said, do you want premium? ($2.99 super basic, or $4.99 premium). I went with the premium. Ok, now it's time to get in my room. I walk up to the door and the card key works, but the door won't open. I tried 2-3-4 times, could not get that sucker open. I see a maid walking by, I asked her to help me. Zip, she puts the card key in and pushes the door open. Now I'm feeling stupid and weak. My sister came in with our bags and tried the door. She also couldn't get it open. We see the maid again and tell her the problem. Zip, she has no problem. My sister watched her do it. Turns out you have to crank the handle super hard and kick the door as you open it. Not easy at all. Next, I go to connect my Surface to the network. I don't see any login password on my paperwork. I call the front desk. She says, oh, you have to pay extra for that. I said, I just did, I was just there. She says oh well, you'll have to come back to the office to get the password. So my sister goes back to get the password. It worked for all of an hour. We went out for dinner and when I came back to go back online, I have no internet connection. For the rest of the night it didn't work. When I called the front desk again, she says you need to pay extra. Grrrr! I was so angry, I just slammed down the phone and gave up. I will never EVER stay at this location again! There are 5 other places nearby and others near the freeway. I will do my homework and really shop around the next time I travel here.

Room tip: stay away from the pool and stairs, very noisy
Date of stay: June 2017