See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

We booked this place 2h before arrival as it was labour day weekend and most of the hotels were already booked in Monterey were we was during our on the road trip.
Once arrived the parking was completely dark, no lights no cars. At the reception there was a thick glass with a space of few mm where to pass docs
Our room was on the side of the building, in the dark, close to the trash bin were we heard people yelling. We were the only tourist, no other cars. The room wasn't very clean. We went eat and decide what to do. When we went back to the car there were a group of people that was following us and we noted there was a barricade tape in the parking. We felt so scared and unsafe that we called the reception telling we would not be back and if was passibile to have a refund as the room was untouched and they could have resell it. The kind guy we met at the reception became rude and unpolite, of course no help by his side only offenses
That was the worst experience we had, not only for the place but for the lack of respect and help.
Do yourself a favor, sleep in the car instead of sleep here

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Z370LQsarab
Reviewed 6 June 2017

Stayed here trying to tour California on the cheap. I was looking for budget hotels that were just on this side of police calls. This filled the bill. All I needed was sleep and wifi. Again, this filled the bill.

The pool was "out of order" and looked as if had been for a while. The check-in desk is behind plexiglass. The furniture in the room was random but the bed was clean and comfortable. On a Saturday night, it stayed quiet outside.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank umbrellaman
Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

I was promptly check in by a gentleman named Sonny very polite. The room was descent for the price we paid. The housekeeping staff was also very nice. Close to convenient store gas station as well as fast food locations.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

Great service friendly staff best prices around wouldn't go anywhere else clean rooms air conditioning just all around a good place to go been coming here for quite a while hassle free mellow atmosphere

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

I checked in with a gentlemen named Sonny. He was very courteous and quick to check us in. He was especially helpful when we did not have any dinnerware to eat our food. I asked for a spoon and he came back with plates, forks, spoons and napkins. I was really surprised. The rooms are spacious and really clean. Also what I really liked was the cleaning lady knocked on our door and asked if we needed towels, which we did and she came back in two minutes with them. I will come to Best 5 in Salinas ,CA every time I need a room. Thank you Sonny, keep up the good work.

Date of stay: February 2017