“Convenient location and friendly staff”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Modesto Salida
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Salida
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Our son's baseball team participated in a tournament in Modesto recently. We chose not to stay at the same hotel he and his teammates were located, but opted for the Fairfield Inn across the highway which was ideal for all concerned. The room was clean and comfortable, with internet access. I noticed other reviewers' comments about the proximity to train tracks, but I have no recollection of hearing or being interrupted by the sounds of any going by. The complimentary breakfast had far more variety than the usual "continental" breakfasts served at many hotels. The do-it-yourself-waffle-iron was quite popular with the guests, although I refrained from having any after filling up on all the other breakfast fare. Close to freeway, shopping, restaurants. Great value for the money.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travelbug4712

Reviewed 19 June 2011

For the past 8 or so years, my primary method of securing hotels is Priceline bidding. Of the 100+ rooms I have booked, I have never had an issue. Until now. I got worried when I saw the priceline reviews saying the owner/manager was trying to charge extra money for rooms booked on priceline.

Granted, there were 3 of us and apparently priceline bids are for 2 people, but the guy refused to give us a room with anything but a single king bed unless we paid $30 extra. If the front desk guy had not been incredibly rude and insulting about it, we would have made do, but instead we called priceline and got the charge reversed. BEWARE!

Room Tip: Stay away. They Do Not deserve your business.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Good, very reasonably priced Marriott in comparison w/Marriotts in Modesto proper. Clean accommodations, rooms great. Quiet hallways (but ck to see if there are teams coming in when you are staying there ... in that case I understand the dynamics change). It is true that the hotel is across the street from the train tracks, but it didn't bother me. Ask for a room on the freeway side to solve that challenge. Breakfast was adequate (the eggs were packaged - a sausage biscuit and quiche). Pool, business center, free internet, and exercise room included. If you want a handicap room, be sure to specify a walk-in shower versus a bathtub with handrails! Make reservations directly with hotel; do not go through Marriott corporate reservations. The hotel staff was excellent in making a room change that we needed and making great restaurant suggestions. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Call hotel directly.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2011

A business associate and I were in the area and stayed one night - that staff was so caring that they offered us use of their lobby between our appointments even after we checked out. They certainly didn't have to do it but they made it their business to make us feel at home/office.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 April 2011

Rooms are nice, but trains go by every thirty minutes or so, and this hotel is CLOSE to the tracks.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
FairfieldModesto, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Modesto Salida, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2011

Dear Guest,

We here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott are very sorry to hear about your stay. If you would like to e-mail me direct I would be glad to see what I can do for you in a future stay.

E-mail: Jay.Mckaughan@Marriott.com

Jay Mckaughan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salida
0.3 km away
0.6 km away
Baymont Inn & Suites Modesto Salida
5.9 km away
SpringHill Suites Modesto

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Modesto Salida? Share your experiences!