See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 September 2016

When I first pulled up to this place, I had some doubts. Two old mustang cars sit in the driveway. They belong to Judy, who must be approaching her 80's. She reminds me of the Little Old Granny from Pasadena. Judy is a gracious, nice, host who will instantly remind you of grandma.

With no bells and whistles, this place is comfortable and homey. It was very quiet. Breakfast was simple and tasty.

Hard to believe this is a 1.2 million dollar house but then again this is the Napa Valley. Judy doesn't have to do this...she is set economically, but has been doing it because she truly loves company and people.

There are nice areas to walk right outside the door, and there is a small winery for a neighbor. I enjoyed this place more than the double the price B and B that I stayed in in Napa.

There is only one room in the house. You will have it to yourselves. I will be a repeater. Bring Judy a little gift, especially if you come from another country or an exotic place. Hint: she loves vanilla !

Room Tip: There is only one room, a nice conversion from a garage.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 July 2016

I had a wonderful time at Judy's and with Judy. This is not the place for you if you're looking for contemporary haute style or spa amenities. Judy is part of a ranch family that dates way back in Saint Helena. Her home is a ranch-style home, very comfortable and clean--with everything I needed. I was traveling on my own for a conference. I was up for local flavor and stories. That's what I got. Warm hospitality. Great coffee in the morning (I'm not a breakfast person so I can't comment on that). The bed was ample, comfy. The bath is small with not much counter space, but, as I say, I wasn't there for the luxury hotel experience. There are terrific walks just outside the door. I felt comfortable walking early morning and late at night. The main street of Saint Helena is only a 15-minute amble on a sidewalk along one of the main cross streets of town. Mostly, though, for me, it was the pleasure of meeting Judy, of talking over anything and everything in the morning before taking off for my all-day activities. There was a TV (I didn't use), a small fridge (which came in handy), a nice big work desk, a settee. I loved it. It reminded me of visiting my grandmother. Thank you, Judy!

Room Tip: There's just one room. It's really a lovely place to book as a single woman.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 May 2016 via mobile

Judy is a wonderful host and made us feel very welcome in her home during our stay. The room is in off of private home with private guest access. We were dining at Meadowood, and easy Uber ride up the hill from Judy's. Her house is located about 20mins walk to Main Street. And on a quiet street surrounded by vineyards. She cooked a delicious, simple breakfast of bacon, eggs and French toast for us at 9am. I would highly recommend staying with Judy for a short stay in St Helena.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2016

Judy is a gracious hostess. Not only is she gracious but having lived on the property for 62 years, she knows the town inside and out. Can tell you anything you need to know.
She is most accommodating. Breakfast was served in our room, it was fresh and delicious. Excellent wi-fi and free.
Easy to get to, but not too close to town, very quiet.

The B&B has no sign in the front. This was confusing as it is a residential house and not easily identifiable as a B&B.
The room was private but it was a converted garage, a separate room in the house. It was just reminiscent of houses we have stayed in in Europe.The furnishings are quite dated but comfortable. In an area with such high prices, Judy's was very reasonable.

Room Tip: This a converted garage, only the one room. It is private and secure.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2016 via mobile

Absolutely the most welcoming place ever :-) Large single room (only one room at the house that is rented) If you are looking for ritzy, and if you want remodeled fancy room, you should go pay $500 plus for a night. We absolutely found the only place will will stay in St. Helena. Very quiet, very quaint place to get away. We could not love Judy more! She is very accommodating; we really did not want to leave. My husband would not stop talking to her because he misses his grandma who passed and she is just perfect to talk to. There is one room in her home that she rents out, and she absolutely takes a lot of pride in making sure you have all you need. All the amenities of a hotel room, but the charm of grandmas house. The place is nestled between two vineyards, only .5 miles to downtown St. Helena. Free Wi-Fi!! Breakfast was when we wanted it, since there is only one room, you can't just let Judy know when you want your breakfast served in your room. We will certainly be back!!! Breakfast was perfect, coffee was awesome, fridge in the room, and we didn't want for anything except more time to spend with the owner!!! She could not be more down to earth and lovable. I highly recommend Judy's if you want a quiet place to get away from the busy world.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple