“A gem of a winery”
Review of Salvestrin Winery

Salvestrin Winery
Ranked #48 of 114 things to do in St. Helena
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a boutique winery located in St. Helena, Ca...the heart of Napa Valley. Owned, farmed, and operated by the Salvestrin Family for 77 years, our wines are 100% Estate and we produce approx 3,500 cases. We'd love to have you at the winery for a private tasting and tour, please schedule an appointment or a lunch to see our 'off the beaten path' winery and vineyard!
New York, NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A gem of a winery”
Reviewed 29 June 2009

Salvestrin Winery is a great, small family winery hidden in plain view off bustling CA-29. Blink and you might miss it, so I highly encourage you to not blink! The red and white wine selections offer tastes pleasing to all palettes. Their Cabernet Savignon is delicious! I bought multiple bottles and spurred me to join their wine club. Call ahead to make a reservation for an intimate viewing of the winery. Don't miss this simple looking winery full of robust flavors!

San francisco
“Off of main street but secluded atmosphere”
Reviewed 16 June 2009

You don't feel as if you're in the napa valley hustle when you're here.
Apparently it's by appointment only which can be a great perk. booked an appointment on a Saturday and a couple was hanging out on the patio area as we were entering. They seemed happy and when asked how it was, they smiled and said perfect. So, expectations were going increasing as my friend and I walked up to the tasting room. Overall the experience was very laid back and educational. Walking through the vineyard listening about the history and progress, felt inimate. It's feels so quite and calming being here. It was an excellent experience. We really enjoyed the tasting of the wines: cab, retaggio and sauvignon blac. We then purchased a bottle of SB and just hung out a bit while their next appointment was arriving. We heard they do a lunch tasting as an option. sounds like fun with a small group! Definitely wanting to come back and do that.

San Carlos
“A Napa Gem!”
Reviewed 16 June 2009

Fantastic wines, beautiful vineyard, centrally located...what more could you ask for? Ever since I discovered this vineyard, I can't resist stopping by their tasting room on each and every trip I make to Napa. Wine enthusiasts beware...you'll be charmed and have to return for more! (They also offer great wine-club deals!)

San Francisco
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“highly recommend!”
Reviewed 12 June 2009

I had the best experience at Salvestrin Winery. We had been to the big wineries and wanted to try a good family boutique winery and Salvestrin hit the spot perfectly. I almost want to keep this gem for myself! We chose to sit in the sun in the tables next to the family vines for our personal tasting and we were tempted to try and stay all day; it was so relaxing. I was very impressed with the wine. The sav blanc was outstanding. I also really enjoyed the retaggio and cab and took some home so I could relive our great experience there. Highly recommend.

suemagnuson
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Savor the wine and atmosphere of this wonderful winery”
Reviewed 10 June 2009

Salvestrin Winery is a place that I will come back to everytime I visit Napa Valley for wine tasting. The wine is outstanding - the Sav Blanc is my favorite and the Sangiovese is delicious! In addition to the wine, the winery is quaint and cozy and it makes you feel as if the winery is your own (especially because tasting appointments are by appointment). You will not run into large drunk crowds jockying for counter space to try to get a taste here!

1 Thank suemagnuson