“Amazing Tzatziki”
Review of Happy Pita Cafe

Happy Pita Cafe
Ranked #1,340 of 2,057 Restaurants in Sacramento
Reviewed 30 August 2015

This is a small mom and pop Greek Cafe / takeout place located in "Old Town" Sacramento. It looks a little run down and the seating is all outside on picnic tables shared by the other neighboring food stands.

They had a $10.95 Gyro platter meal that included a soda and either fries or salad. I want to preface this review that Im the kind of person that likes sauces sparingly on food becuase I want to taste the food not just a sauce, so I want it thinly applied. Well their Tzatziki is the best I have ever tasted,...anywhere. I would eat it by itself. This is "Old Country" good. The Gyros meat was above average, albeit my wife claimed was "salty", however I didnt find it too salty. In any event the Tzatziki stole the show with its thick and tangy goodness. I found myself saturating my gyro with it (as it comes on the side). The fries and salad were average, the pita was nice and fresh.

The bottom line, dont judge this book by its cover. I would come here for a gyro if I were in the mood, just for the Tzatziki. These old gals that run this place have it down to a science.

1  Thank Saskheat