“Thank You, Arigato...or is that redundant?”
Review of Arigato Sushi

Arigato Sushi
Ranked #123 of 2,057 Restaurants in Sacramento
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 15 January 2016

Recently, a colleague of mine, who has lots of food allergies, was visiting from out of town and wanted to go out to eat,
I heard about Arigato Sushi, and since it was relatively close (she was at the Doubletree on Arden) we decided to give it a whirl!

Upon arrival, we found a line of younger folks (mid to early 20s) lined up seated in the narrow reception area; initially we thought this would be a bad omen, but were shocked when we were advised that our party of two can be seated immediately! We determined that larger parties might have to wait for seating if more then 4 are in your party...

Our server, "Justin" was wonderful and attentive! He immediately asked us if we needed any beverages and provided some recommendations for appetizers according to my friend's food restrictions! Additionally, he had absolutely no problem allowing us to have separate receipts, since my friends work required her to submit her receipts for reimbursement.

We ordered a Hot Sake and Seaweed salad for starts, Edamame was included...it was delish and the plating of all our dishes was very appetizing. Despite a "full-house" in the restaurant, we were able to have a decent conversation without having to "speak over" or yell at each other....that was a definite plus since at another rival Japanese restaurant downtown (starts with an M, ends in an i" I could barely hear my co-diners! Arigato was much more pleasant for conversing during a meal!)

Our main dishes were three of there rolls, which was PLENTY for the two of us to be fully satiated! We ordered a California roll, Sake Maki (Salmon Roll), and the Lucky 7.

Service was fast and excellent, including my request for extra wasabi and low sodium soy sauce.

Now the only down side was that the seaweed wrap in one of the rolls was too chewy, but that may be a matter of taste and preference. I am 17% Japanese, so I feel I am entitled to my preferences as well! I prefer less chew and more crunch in my seaweed wrap, but hey, that's me!

The place had a real good vibe to it and we were shocked when we got the bill! We did not know it was 1/2 off on the rolls (not that we could order more, since we were already full with our order). Very reasonably priced!

That being said, if you asked me if I would come here again, my answer would be a definite, YES, domo arigato!

Reviewed 14 December 2015

Fish was fresh. Place was packed so is very popular. Pretty good food. Service could have been better, and I suggest to management that they eliminate the guy who goes around with a trolly dumping dishes, trash, food from tables into a big plastic bin. Was pretty disgusting to see when one is eating, and was quite noisy. What happened to bussing tables? Taking dirty dishes behind closed doors? Anyway, we enjoyed our food, but it was a difficult place to find, and when calling repeatedly for help took a while to get someone on phone we could understand and who gave us correct directions. I give it 4 stars as the food was very good. Restaurant noisy, waitress was snippy. We asked what kind of tuna was on the sashimi plate and she just kept repeating RED tuna. And could not tell us, even asking hostess, if it was bluefin, yellowfin, or big eye. We did get the yellowtail or hamachi separately. But the tuna was very fresh and good.

Reviewed 4 December 2015

I went here for a late lunch and the place was still buzzing. I was seated quickly and the wait staff was extremely attentive. I had the Salmon Bento Box that had good-sized portions. The tempura was well-made and had a lightness to it that was delightful. I knew I would be working late into the night, so I wound up ordering sushi rolls for dinner. I had no idea they were half off until I got my bill. What a wonderful surprise! The staff behind the sushi bar were constantly smiling and laughing. I'll be back next time I'm in Sacramento.

Reviewed 25 October 2015 via mobile

Sushi was very good. Lots of flavors in each roll. Very good price, atmosphere excellent. Service fast and professional.

Reviewed 11 October 2015 via mobile

Benjamin, who wasn't our server, took very good care of us. The sushi was good, but the portions were somewhat small. I really liked the seaweed salad. It took a little while to order, but once we did the service was fast.