“Quirky good breakfast place”
Review of Cricket & CO

Cricket & CO
Ranked #147 of 2,221 Restaurants in Sacramento
Reviewed 10 November 2017

Stopped by Crickets for breakfast with my long time friend. He recommended this place. I had the Cricket Breakast. Biscuits with sausage and gravy. The main course was very tasty. The eggs were cooked just right as well. Some of the potatoes were a little undercooked but had some flavor. They leave a coffee pot on the table. The service was very good. I will eat here again

Reviewed 26 October 2017

Everything on the menu sounded great. Everything I saw pass by on the way to the table looked scrumptious. The wait staff could not have been nicer or more efficient. I ordered at "Mile high roast beef sandwich". It was full of the best tasting roast beef, hot from the kitchen. It came with fries that were lightly battered that made them special. My brother went for the Rueben club. He loved it and it really looked spectacular. The waitress kept our drinks freshly filled. My brother had their homemade individually-sized banana cream pie. I wish I had saved room for it myself because it was awe inspiring. Cricket's was very pleasant experience.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

This is a restaurant that believes in big quantities of food at reasonable prices. The staff has all been there a while and call everyone 'honey' and 'babe.' I've never had anything to eat at this place that wasn't very, very good. It's also one of the places to go to when everyone is going out to eat. They have a lot of seating and get people seated very, very quickly - no matter how busy. I love their open-faced turkey sandwich......

Reviewed 10 June 2017

Have actually had breakfast here two times in the past two weeks. Depending upon the day, there may be quite a wait, but it is well worth it. Servers are all energetic and courteous. Coffee is usually quite hot (and thermos full of coffee is generally supplied for the table). The past two times, that I have eaten here, I have had the 1/2 order veggie rootie hoop potatoes. First breakfast I had ordered a poached egg, but as there is so much food, I did not on the second visit and there was still more than enough. The veggie contains cooked fresh tomatoes, mushrooms, onions and, of course, potatoes. Most places, where I have ordered a similar dish, covered it with cheddar cheese. Cricket's does not, but I believe it may be even more enjoyable with just a little cheese. Fellow diners all enjoyed their breakfast. There are so many menu choices that it would take a very long time to try everything on the menu. Please keep up the good work. Just a different experience than most of the "usual" diners (especially the chains). Lots of personality on the walls and with the employees.

Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

Cricket's is a fun vintage diner with good hearty food, friendly service and a gazillion mementoes including a model train that runs around under the ceiling. We had a tasty ample breakfast. Prices are moderate. Well worth a stop just for the fun of it.