All reviews scott's seafood sacramento river claw foot tub fire pit self parking separate shower rain shower river view heavenly bed white tuna junior suite residential neighborhood hotel grounds onsite restaurant in room coffee parking situation definitely stay here again
Reviewed 9 November 2016

The hotel is nice but not good for weddings or a day at the spa but for business travelers its not the ideal location. Not close to anything, is nestled back on the pier, parking is ridiculous! Too far off from everything.

Room Tip: Good for a Get away.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank CBEmerson
Reviewed 31 October 2016

And then at midnight, guests checked in above me and woke me up. Of course, this sort of thing is not the hotel's fault, but being awakened from a deep sleep is not the sort of thing that makes you want to return to a hotel. The staff was otherwise nice and well meaning, and the hotel itself seemed well decorated and well maintained. The rooms were nice, I just didn't get the greatest night's sleep.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2016

I picked The Westin Sacramento based on it's location: south of downtown, on the Sacramento River, and Scott's Seafood on site. This hotel lived up to my expectations.

The room was clean, yet nothing extraordinary. The room had the regular amenities; Wi-Fi, coffee pot, flat screen TV, storage space, and so on. The room had a clawfoot bathtub. My room had a street view. (The riverfront-view rooms had a higher price and full balconies.)

This hotel is along the Sacramento River levee. So, you can go for a run along the levee. If you're unfamiliar with the Sacramento River levee as a place to run, the levee is paved with lanes for walking/running and biking. The hotel "rents" walking clothes and shoes for a small feet. (I've informed you; bring your running clothes!)

Scott's Seafood occupies the first floor on the conference section of the hotel. For those of us who can't afford the riverfront-view rooms, you can do what I did: have dinner at Scott's and enjoy the river and sunset from the restaurant, patio, or outdoor seating. Scott's is an award-winning restaurant in the Sacramento area. This location was consistent with my expectations. Make a reservation to avoid a long wait.

Only downside: I did not see breakfast served at Scott's.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2016

I have stayed several times at this location for business purposes. It is a good location, right on the river and very quiet. The hotel is fairly new, and is in excellent condition. I travel for work and I can honestly say that this hotel is ONE OF THE BEST that I have stayed in for business purposes. Clean, smells good, excellent rooms (if you have status they will place you on the river side), excellent food in the restaurant, etc. My team and I discuss this hotel and reminisce while we are on the road in less than optimum situations - LOL.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2016

This hotel is not located downtown, nor is it walking distance to downtown but it is in a beautiful part of Sacramento. Located on the River, the view is lovely and the grounds are beautiful. It appears that they have quite a few weddings because there is a event tent right next to the river. It appears to be a newer hotel with nice, comfortable rooms, comfy beds, nice spa, decent pool and a small gym. They did a nice job of blending the hotel to its surroundings and not creating a monster eyesore in nature. Well done Westin!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family