All reviews holiday inn panda express hotel restaurant check in was quick would stay here again quiet room king room front desk staff lobby area air conditioner arbor freeway roseville seminar mattress laptop furnishings
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Some in the family had a Saturday morning seminar for a travel agency! I was not part of seminar but since later we all going same destination else where, I came with them! In the three hours we at this hotel, I walked around! The restaurant I looked had a breakfast all you want to eat or one can order from regular menues! Obviously did not see what Guest Rooms look like! There a swimming area! I looked, remember is early morning! Looked like think call YOGA class, between ten people and between twenty people with the instructor!

Really I want to thank the person at Check In Desk, male, short black hair! His name Payatel Chand! Asked him (remember we here three hours) where or if a nearby Starbucks! He very helpful, very friendly, hey I can be of any hotel guest, yes??? Anyway he very helpful, even showed to me correct doors to exit! There were four different entrances and four different exits so he show me correct of one to use! Did go to this Starbucks! The server Luu, short black hair! Sure we both Asian we talking Asian cultures! Luu very helpful! Usual of child Pediatric menu hot chocolate, worth the $1.50 on gift card! Come back, Payatel Chand say, "I see you found the Starbucks!" Tell him yes, very short four of minute walk! Many guests may just cross the street get to Starbucks, me I need for safety the traffic lights! So walk to end of where there the traffic lights, therefore the four minutes!

Anyway, if a manager reading this, please do thank Payatel Chand for me! He was so very friendly so very helpful!

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank Karyn C
Reviewed 2 October 2017

The front desk staff was GREAT! Actually don't have any complaints about them.
The rest of the hotel, well, its by a very busy freeway and there for very loud. So loud in fact, the hotel leaves EAR PLUGS in your room.
I was there for a conference and the women's bathroom had some 'touch up paint' but whoever was in charge of this item, didn't bother to make sure the paint matched. Lots of little things like missing tile from base boards. They used writing pens to hold the TP rolls in the holders (great household hack btw) Guest room carpet dirtier than standard forth is brand hotel. AC system so old it shook the room we were in and was extremely loud.

Room Tip: not sure this is poosible
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank beckinunez
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Dear beckinunez,

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Sacramento Northeast and for sharing your experience with us.

I would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations regarding the noise level in our room and the air conditioning. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, we will use your comments to coach our team in order to provide a better experience in the future. On the other hand I am glad that our front desk staff did great and our service was still appreciated.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments!

Best Regards,

Ben W.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 11 September 2017

September 7, 2017--We stayed at the Crowne Plaza at 5321 Date Ave, Sacramento, CA. We booked it directly through Crowne Plaza website. The hotel is an older one but clean and in good condition. The staff is efficient, courteous, and attentive. Our room was clean, well-stocked, and with a comfortable king size bed. The hotel has an outside swimming pool and jacuzzi, which we did not use as we were on a tight schedule. It does have an attractive lobby where you can play with your laptop or smartphone while sipping a on coke or coffee. One of the nicer amenities is a pleasant onsite bar/restaurant. The prices are competitive and the food is good. I ordered grilled scallops--yummy! There is a Starbucks across the street. If you go out at night, I suggest driving to your destination or calling a cab. Yes, I would stay there again.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor which made it convenient to get to our car. We asked for a room away from the elevator--and we got our request.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank NelsonSarah
Reviewed 29 August 2017

This hotel just barely makes it to Crowne Plaza standards compared to other Crowne Plaza hotels in other locations. The Northeast location was good, the advertised dining was expensive. Parking is free.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
pchand, Manager at Crowne Plaza Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at the Crowne Plaza Sacramento. We are sorry that you felt we barely made it to Crowne Plaza standards. We are encouraged that our location was good for you and hope you'll choose to stay with us again when we might be able to improve your impression of us.
Thanks again for helping us to improve.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Convenient location off I-80. I was upgraded at this hotel to a King room. The desk area was perfect for working, which I always need. There were outlets on the desk and next to the bed for all my devices. Even though I was near the elevator, I didn't hear anyone in the halls, and the bed was really comfortable, I slept well. The hotel is enough distance from the highway that I didn't hear traffic noise, but just in case, they had ear plugs available on the night stand. I stayed here for a flight out of SAC the next day, and I was only about 15 minutes from the airport. While there weren't a lot of restaurants within walking distance, the hotel does have a restaurant on the lower level that exceeded my expectations. My only complaint - and a small one at that - you have to talk a long way to the elevator from the lobby, and as far as I could see, there was only one elevator for this big hotel. There was a bit of a wait each time I used it. Plenty of free parking around the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
pchand, Manager at Crowne Plaza Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of your stay at the Crowne plaza Sacramento Northeast. We're glad that you slept well and also enjoyed our restaurant. We hope you'll choose to stay with us again on your next trip. When you do; please note that we actually have three elevators for our six story guest room tower. There is one at the end of the tower closer to the main lobby. The other two are at the opposite end of the tower: closer to the guest parking area.
Thanks again