All reviews the holiday inn old sacramento great location walking distance railroad museum hotel restaurant valet parking front desk staff the river one night stay room was clean and comfortable air conditioner state capitol convention center freeway downtown conference
Reviewed 19 May 2016

The location is good for downtown and the rooms are large, comfortable and clean. Some special needs were well met by the personal service of the assistant front office manager, Jeremy Bostick. Also, the bell staff was willing to provide unique personal services. A most enjoyable visit. A small room refrigerator would have made everything perfect.

Room Tip: All would seem to be ok
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Keith H
Reviewed 19 May 2016

Very close to all the sites including Old Sac, River walk, downtown, and a walkable distance to the Capitol and K street. Staff very nice, allowed me to check in early,,gave me tourism pamphlets and directions. AND because I have accrued enough reward points to be Spire level, got into the concierge suite for hor d'erves and wine...with a beautiful view. Would def stay here again and rec it to people who are looking for a place to stay...felt very spoiled here!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank me y
Reviewed 17 May 2016

Nice hotel, however you can see some wear and tear. Really liked the fact that you can easily walk to old Sacramento.
The King bed I had definitely needed to be upgraded. Be aware that they charge a fee to park.

Otherwise a good hotel.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
LizAtrium, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sacramento Downtown - Arena, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2016

Thank you for the review. I appreciate hearing from our guest. A remodel is planned for next year and I hope you will be back to see us.

Reviewed 17 May 2016

I attended a conference at the hotel, and stayed for two nights. I had local family join me for dinner at the on-site restaurant, and ordered room service. Overall, I thought everything ran smoothly, and the place was well-maintained and clean. The staff were all very competent and friendly, from the outdoor parking people to the maids and wait staff, to the people staffing the front desk. The parking is a wee bit unusual but works just fine, and the staff are able to explain it well.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business

Thank you for the review. It is always a pleasure to hear when the guest enjoys their stay. I hope you will return again.

Reviewed 17 May 2016

I had room 327, not the greatest view, it overlooked the roof, but I was not in my room at all during the day. I was there for a work conference and the accommodations were excellent, as was the food for the catered breakfast and lunch.

The location is great, right off the highway, next to the new basketball stadium (under construction at the time of this writing), and close to many great places to eat dinner. It's also close to old town, which was a great stroll through time.

Do not be afraid of this location or venue, good place to stay!

Room Tip: Anything 4th floor or higher will be excellent!
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments about the hotel. It was nice to see that you enjoyed your stay and your meetings went well. I hope you have an opportunity to return.